the arrest (request)

anonbaby: could i get a request when john and his twin sister get arrested i think it was at the end of season 3 thanks

A/N: I had a lot of fun writing this

No matter how badly you wanted to think that what Tommy did was acceptable, you couldn't. As a matter of fact, the amount of pain and disgust, and absolute hatred your felt for your older brother made you lunge for him as the police came bargaining into his home. Panic in the Shelby household, you could hear Polly calling for Michael, Arthur and Linda screaming at Thomas.

Luckily, you were the first one to get to Thomas.

"You bastard!" You scream, feeling John's arms wrap around your body. "They're going to hang us!" You shout. "Fucking hang us!"

"We have to go, y/n!" John shouts, whilst trying to also pry Esme off of Thomas as well. He's got his two favourite people attacking Tommy.

You push into Tommy's chest and he takes a step back, "How could you do this to us?!" You scream, looking into his eyes. Lifeless. You cry helplessly, remembering that your eldest brother had plans of getting out of the wicked world Thomas has created. "To Arthur and Linda! How?!" You spit at him, that does nothing either.

He manages to grab your hand, preventing you from fighting him. "It'll all work out soon," He says, shaking you. "I promise."

Without considering it, you spit on his floor, right by his feet. You're pulled off of him and leave his face pale and shocked.

You've always loved Thomas, he's been a great big brother to you. Teaching you to bike ride before the war, and after, he taught you to shoot. He found a place for you at the family business, making sure no one fucked with you. But this was something you could never forgive him for.

Jail? Fucking jail?

You shove yourself off of John and hug Esme. "The baby," You whisper, putting my hand on her belly, she looks worried, "Think about the baby, not this nonsense."

She nods various times, tears streaming down her face. "Be safe in there." She pleads.

You and Esme have gotten to become good friends ever since John married her. The both of you stubborn, witty, joyful. After all, she was the one confiding in you each time John was up to no good. You two have really just become best of friends.

"I will." You swear.

An office walks towards us, and you turn to John who looks almost dazed. "Stay with Pol." He instructs. "That way you'll stay sane in there."

"Okay." You can feel your throat getting scratchy. Fuck.

Before you can cry, an officer grabs you forcefully and slams your body against the wall. John and Esme both snap at the office, but they're quickly reprimanded.

He feels you up, pushing his knee into your arse as he shackles you. You make sure to get a good look at the fool who touches you in such a way. He lightly moans against your ear, you feel your blood boil.

"You like hurting females don't ya," You smirk, before he pushes your head into the wall. Can't wait to get my hands on you when I'm out of this situation, you prick.

He laughs, smelling of smokes and whiskey. "You fuckin' people make me sick." He hisses before pulling you off of the wall.

Your whisked away into a truck with Polly who cries of Michael. Asking God why such an wicked man had done such a thing to her family. "To hell with Thomas Shelby!" She sobs. "My poor Michael, oh Christ."

I lean back against the van, sitting across from her. "Pol," I tap her foot with mine. She stares at me, she's already losing her shit. "He's got a plan."

"Fuck off!" She snaps. "Your brother is the devil!" She curses, staring to your eyes. "The devil, I say!"

Leaning back, you don't think you've ever seen Polly so angered and enraged.

But what she said is truth. He's always been the devil. And Christ, you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but this is absolutely mad what he's got going on.

The car begins to drive off, and in the distance you can see a solo Thomas standing there through the wide doors to his home. Alone.