not yet

In the wake of the newest book that landed in your hands, thanks to Ada, you indulge every evening in the thick novel. It surrounds the idea of mother and fatherhood, unity, and the idea of parenthood.

Thomas and you were nervous beyond belief, both of you coming from families who weren't particularly the best.

You lay in bed, belly full as Thomas rests his head on the side of your stomach. You read in your head, as Thomas attempts to communicate with your unborn child.

You had just finished explaining to him that talking to the baby will promote, tranquility and calmness between the baby and father.

The book stated that if the father and mother talk to the baby enough, you two sound be able to hear the baby say something back. It was a psychological thing, one that Tommy rolled his eyes at. But he knew it meant the world to you, so he played along. Needless to say you were big on spirituality and energy.

"I promise I'll take care of you." He vows, his voice a low hum. "Even when you piss uz off, 'ey? I'll still take care of yous." He looks up at you, your heart nearly skips a beat. "But I swear, little one, if you piss off your mum, I'll cut ya-"

And just like that, the precious moment is ripped from your grasp. "Thomas-"

"I will." He promises, kissing your belly.

"The baby needs good energy, not threats"

Thomas doesn't bat an eye. "He's warm and happy inside you. He's good; trust me, I know the feeling."

You press your lips together, cocking an eyebrow at your annoying ridiculous and emotionally deranged husband. "The baby needs his father to be nice."

Thomas looks down at your bare belly, "Is that what he tells you?" He asks, moving his gaze back up to you. "Well tell him he came too early."

You roll your eyes. The news of you being pregnant didn't come with the good energy you read about, but rather that. Thomas lost his mind, in sadness that you had fallen pregnant not even after a year of being married. He wanted to spend some more time with you, and you agreed, but a baby was a blessing. Not a curse.

It took much time for Thomas to adjust. And once he did, you had been notified about his fears. Thomas was traumatized by his fathers behaviour, and had this odd idea that someday, somehow, he would morph into the monster that was Arthur Shelby Sr.

It hurt you to hear him explain to you that he'll be an awful dad. Pained you to know that he is fearful of taking the title of this baby's dad.

You chew on your bottom lip, unsure of what to say to help him. But anything you say calmed down Tommy, so, running a hand through his silky brown hair do you sigh.

"I was reading about the birth of the baby,"

He rests his head on your belly again. His ear on the side of your stomach as he stares up at you. He's trying to get to know the baby, understanding that your hormonal and cherish this book with all of your heart. He's trying, just for you.

"And what did it say?" He whispers, studying you and your beauty.

Your glowing, which is something Thomas will always cherish about the baby. He's given you a radiant glow. One that makes Thomas crave you at all times. He's always felt such a way about you, but even as he lays his head on your stomach, with bits of cookie crumbs on your neck and collarbone, do you look undeniably sexy.

You reach for your book. "It basically says," you begin, and squint your eyes, flipping through the pages. "Ah, here." You stop and narrow your gaze. "Skin to skin between mother, and father and baby is extremely important."