i don't want to lose you

HEAVILY BASED ON THE SONG I Don't Want to Lose You by Luca Fogale I suggest you listen to it and cry with me (?) (just btw the italicized words mean dialogue)

WARNING: VERY SAD (i'm sad after reading this tbh)

"Do you remember, when you told me to take a chance on you?" My voice fails me, and I end up with tears running down my face. "Fuck."

I look up, upset with myself for crying. I guess I'm thankful he can't see me now, crying like this. I've only cried once in front of Tommy, and that ended up with the both of us in tears on the floor of our home, a story we swore to keep between the two of us.

I sniffle, looking down at Tommy who seems to not care at all by the fact that my tears have decided to fall on his beautiful face.

I duck down without thinking and press my lips against his. "I need you to wake up." I tell him softly, like he doesn't want to be bothered. But even if I scream the words, I don't think he'll listen to me. Pulling back, I lick my lips, missing his taste.

Sitting back against my chair, I breathe. "Please?" I try to smile but even that goes terribly wrong.

My hands shake before touching his skin, still warm. I can't even see his chest rise and fall without the sound of a machine lightly humming each time, it helps him breathe.

I find a seat beside him, and take his hand in mine. I have to move his fingers over my hand and press them there so that it feels like he's actually holding my hand.  Everything about him is gone, but I still hold on to him for dear life.

"They told me you moved a finger, but that people who are in a coma have impulses like that." I chuckle, pressing my lips over his skin, I inhale, noticing that his scent is slowly fading away, my throat closes. "Of course I told 'em, they don't know Tommy Shelby. You don't just have impulses. Everything you do," I inhale shakily, my voice cannot go longer. "E-Everything you do is for a reason, I said."

That smile on my face breaks back to a frown as I begin to remember the night this all happened. Thomas and I never go out for dinner unless it's for something that'll benefit him. I was upset over that and insisted we go out on a spontaneous date.

He wanted me as I slipped into a pretty dress. He smiled, standing by the doorframe.

Why do we have to go out though? Can't we just have dinner 'ere? He asked.

I quickly moved onto jewelry, opening the beautiful chest of jewels and diamond and gems, putting on a set of earrings. I stared at him through the mirror, putting them on. I couldn't hide the smile on my face as he got dangerously near me. I was aching for him, that was the truth, not a moment goes by without him looking desirable.

I turned to him, feeling his hand on my hip. Tommy close stood behind me, brushing his nose over the side of my neck. The feeling brought shivers down my spine. My hands instantly fell to the back of his head, fingers brushing over his beautiful hair, I leaned into him.

I moan gently as his other hand slips under my dress, creeping up my legs. His hand is cold, and the feeling of him against my hot skin drives me insane. I roll my eyes back, helplessly biting down on my bottom lip.

We should stay here. He coos, lightly biting over my skin, continuing to tease me. Where I have access to you at all times.

It was a sign to stay home. Hell! Even I wanted to stay home at that moment, but no, my persistent, stubborn self denied him. Through all of that, I still got my stupid way and we ended up at a fancy restaurant where everyone turned their heads and spoke words about Tommy Shelby and his leading lady.