Chapter 10: Roe

My back rested stiffly against the window of the bus, my legs spread across Wolfgang's, Kyrie's and Teddy's laps.

...

How the fuck did I get into this situation again?

1. I followed Wolfgang onto the bus.

2. The bus was hella packed from the wide age range of students catching a ride.

3. Only one seat was left. And Wolfgang took it.

4. He offered me the spot next to him.

5. Then came Kyrie.

6. Then Teddy.

7. Wolfgang grabbed my waist and lifted me like a fucking stuffed animal, putting me on his lap like it was just an another everyday occurrence.

And now we're here. Kyrie and Teddy chatted casually, as if this sort of thing happened regularly. I mean, it might. I had no idea, what with being the new kid on the block, as cheesy as that was.

Did that mean this was going to be a daily thing? Sure, it might seem like casual friendly touch to them. On my end though, I was struggling to keep my heart from leaping out of my throat and joining me for the ride on Wolfgang's lap.

This was a rare experience for me, after all I'd never been much of a friend in the world of men. Or women, for that matter. Girls were either scared of me or had a strangely obsessive crush on me. On the other hand, guys either thought I was weird because I had such a 'pretty face', were scared of me, or hated my guts because the girl they liked/were going out with would obsess about me. Then I'd get the backlash of their infatuation.

What would happen if I couldn't shake these guys? They had to be popular at school. I mean, they were nicer than almost anyone I'd ever met, and they had some pretty good looks to match. Would I end up being targeted for being close to them? Would they be targeted for being close to me? Would they end up getting ostracized because they thought 'Hey, let's help the new guy feel less like a loser.'? I didn't want to fuck up anyone else's life just because mine was. They deserved normalcy. I could handle it on my own.

With a huff of determination, I began shoving softly but firmly away from Wolfgang's chest and towards the back of the seat ahead of us. His golden eyes landed on me, his scowl holding hints of curiosity. He tilted his head and I had to look away to keep myself from whining at the adorable action on such a beast of a man. Kyrie grunted as my heel nicked him on the thigh. "You good, Roe?"

I grunted and nodded, but kept pushing myself further away from Wolfgang. My feet fell to the bus floor with a stomp and I shimmied out of Wolfgang's confused hold before I followed my feet to the floor of the bus. My lanky frame slipped right down and my arm rested on Wolfgang's knees. I sighed in satisfaction before looking up to them. "There, much better." I flashed a proud grin, then settled into my little nook.

A snort ripped through Teddy and he glanced down at me, amusement shining in his eyes. "You look comfy down there, Roe. Got room for one more?"

Before I could answer, he slipped off of his seat and fit himself between the two seats. He had to squirm to fit his muscles down, and ended up sitting facing completely backwards, his legs under his seat and his arms resting on the cushion he once sat in. He looked down at himself before casting a glance my way. His lip stuck out in a playful pout and he sagged his shoulders in mock sadness. "I don't fit," he whined, plopping his head down onto the cushion. 

A chuckle tickled the back of my throat, begging to be released, but I held it back. "Sorry Hulk," I joked, stiffening as soon as the words left my mouth. Would he be offended that I compared him to the Hulk?