Chapter 2

Lev grumbled under his breath, swatting the not-so-low hanging branches from his face. "Yerunda (Bullshit)," he growled, snapping off a branch that was about to brush across his face. "Why do we have to look for a fucking cat? We're Academy for fuck's sake."

Gibbs bumped Lev with a friendly elbow, grinning at his sour mood. "Exactly. We're Academy, so we're going to look for the cat that we were asked to look for."

Lev rolled his eyes and Taylen snickered at his friend's bad attitude, but his laughter was cut short when he picked up on a small whimper in the forest. He held his arms out, halting the other two and drawing their attention to the sound. They quieted down and the noise was heard once more from ahead, very obviously the soft cry of a cat. Taylen turned towards the other two with his eyebrows raised mischievously. "First one to find it wins," he rushed in a challenge before shooting off through the trees, Gibbs following closely on his heels. Lev sighed, his bored eyes drifting up to the tops of the trees. He didn't want to be here in the first place, but since he was over at Kyrie's when his neighbor asked for his assistance, he'd been roped in, whether he liked it or not. And he most definitely did not.

Instead of giving chase like the other two idiots, he swung his newly acquired branch aimlessly, stuffing his other hand into his basketball shorts as he listened to the swish of the leaves at the end of the limb. Out in the distance, he heard Gibbs cheer victoriously, followed closely by the pathetic whine of Taylen. Before long, they broke through the brush, Gibbs holding an ugly and fuzzy cat by the scruff, a smug grin pulling his lips up, while Taylen had his lip curled in a pout, his hands shoved deep into his jean shorts.

Lev's mouth quirked up into an amused smirk at his two brothers and he made his way over to them. His steps faltered when he heard another whimper, this one not from the cat, and he perked his ears to listen closer. He caught a pained groan, coming from the trees above. "Do you guys hear that?" he asked the other two who nodded, both of them focusing on the leaves over their heads as they searched for the source.

"Shit, behind you Lev!" Taylen shouted, pointing behind Lev's head. Lev whipped around to see a figure in the trees, leaning precariously from their position on a branch. As the body began its descent to the ground, Lev raced over, sliding through the dirt on his knees as his arms wrapped protectively around the person's shoulders and under their legs.

Gibbs and Taylen followed closely behind Lev and crouched down next to their friend, taking in the petite boy in his arms, his unconscious face strangely captivating as he cozied up into the crook of Lev's neck. The Russian, however, was doubled over the boy, moaning in pain. "B'lyad' (Fuck)," he groaned.

Taylen gripped Lev's shoulder in worry, leaning over to see his friend's face. "What? What's wrong? You good, man?"

"This prick landed right on my dick."

Sorry this chapter was so short, I wanted to have a third person perspective for their first meeting, so that's what I did. Anyway, thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment :)