"Is he pushing Lightning off the track?" Darrell said in disbelief. 

Then all of a sudden in one quick motion Hicks hit the back of Lightnings car, the movement was missed by everyone in the stadium, except for McQueen, who felt its impact acutely. The hit took the grip off his tires and he started spinning out.

Lightning cursed as he swerved and attempted to stay straight but his tire was off the line and he started to go off track.

The other cars took off past him and McQueen turned off onto the grass as his car started to spin. The movement made his head snap to the side painfully and it connected with his window sending a small spider web of cracks through the glass.

Panting, Lightning opened his eyes and looked around. He wasn't flipped, or on fire, and he wasn't dead - hard as that was to believe.

He almost cursed again when he saw all the other racers speeding past him.

Worse then that was the fact that Hicks hadn't been flagged. Nobody had really seen what he did.

"Dang it." Light hissed, moving back onto the track and speeding up.

It was at that point that the blood started to run into his eye.

"What the-" He took a hand off the wheel for a moment to touch his face, his glove came back wet.

He must've hit his head pretty hard to cause that kind of damage through a helmet.

He didn't have time to stop at the pit. He had way to much track to make up. He drove past his pit, catching up with the other racers.

"Bob I simply DO NOT believe that just happened. He went right past his pit! His car spun out and nearly flipped, how do you think he must be feeling right about now Bob?"

"Well Darrell I don't know, pretty angry I'd imagine, at losing all that track, but he's right back at it. But I am surprised he didn't stop at the pit, all of us up here in the tower pray he isn't injured and his car isn't damaged."

"That's right Bob, but I'd say his chances at the title or even second place are far gone at this point."

"Sad as that is, it's true."

Lap 160...

Lap 165...

"We're seeing a lot of action here tonight. In just fifteen laps the Rookie has made a comeback, leaving his spot at 43 and making it secure at spot 5. Lap 172 and this race has just begun it seems, nothing is written in stone."

"Oh and here we have racers Pitting. New tires, and more fuel. Essential out there on the track."

"Oh wait, Darrell, what is this I'm seeing? McQueen's not making a pit stop."

"No, he's not, you know the rookie just fired his crew chief? That's the third one this season!"

"Well, he says he likes working alone, Darrell."

Darrell nodded, "And it looks like Chick got caught up in the pits."

"Yeah, after a stop like that he's got a lot of ground to make up. Get ready boys, we're coming to the restart!"

"I'd like to know why McQueen didn't re-tire."

"Normally I'd say that's a short-term gain, long-term loss, but it sure is working for him. He obviously knows somethin' we don't know."

Bob continued, "With McQueen now in the lead on lap 185 this is anybody's race."

~

"This is it Darrell, one lap to go and Lightning McQueen has a huge lead."

"Aw, he's got it in the bag. Call in the dogs and put out the fire! We're gonna crown us a new champion!"

The crowd was in a frenzy as all the cars started in on the final lap. It had been a long hot and hard day but it was becoming worth it as each of those vehicles vied for the top position.

Inside McQueen's car one could hear Light say, "Checkered flag, here I come..." As he rounded in on the last turn. Suddenly he heard a loud POP and the sound of something shredding. Immediately his car slowed down and the back fishtailed. Metal against asphalt rang in his ears.

"Oh no! McQueens blown a tire!" Bob shouted, "And with only one turn to go! Can he make it!?"

Mcqueen shoved his foot against the gas pedal, his rims were going to take a beating on this one and he might have to trash the whole car but he was making it past that finish line if it was the last thing he did.

As if in some dream he could hear the other cars catching up with him as his car ground its way towards the checkered line.

Engines, and tires. Thousands of tiny explosions captured within the confines of a cars frame. It was a tsunami of power descending upon him.

Time slowed, the crowd was going wild, the other race cars shooting down the track like a bullet coming towards its target.

"Come on!" Lightning shouted.

"I don't believe what I'm watching Bob! Lightning McQueen is 100 feet from his Piston Cup!"

"The King and Chick rounding turn-4. McQueen still struggling forward!"

"Down the stretch, they come!" Darrell said.

McQueen was feet from the line. 1 foot. 1 inch.

Chick and The King sped past him, the wind from their G-force rocking his car back and forth.

"It's too close to call! IT'S TO CLOSE TO CALL!" Bob screamed.

"I don't believe it! I just don't believe it!"

Both announcers were hysterical.

"The most spectacular, amazing unequivocally, unbelievable ending in the history of the world! And we don't even know who won!"