Chapter 24: Emergency! (Joker)

Felicine

Whoever the person behind this series of murders, I just hope that this isn't a game for him. Ayoko nang madagdagan pa ang mga tulad ng L organization kung saan ang mga buhay ng tao ay parang laruan lang. Kung ayaw na ay itatapon na lang. 

Speaking of L organization, I haven't heard anything new about them. Have they decided to stop the game? If yes, that's great. If no, I think they are doing something big behind these quiet days. 

Nagsisimula pa lang ang taguan namin. Hindi lang basta-basta taguan na kapag na hanap ka na ng taya, out ka na. Maihahalintulad ko ito sa larong bang-sak. Ever heard of it? I once overheard the neighbor's kids talk about it. 

In our situation, the one's holding the imaginary knife is the organization, why? because they are the one's who are hiding, waiting to be found but while they're hiding, they are planning something that will create chaos. The imaginary gun is us, we are the one's finding the hiders, our gun is loaded but we can't fire if there aren't any targets.

"Uhm... Excuse me?" We heard a voice coming from my back. We all turned around to face the one who called.

"Yes?" it was the boy about the same age as ours. Nanginginig ang kanyang mga kamay, takot ang nakaukit sa kanyang makinis na mukha. May suot-suot siyang isang itim na waist bag. May sugat rin siya sa kanyang daliri dahil tinatakpan ito ng band-aid.

"I already called the police, they are on their way. Pero, sino kayo? You're still too young to be a member of the police." He asked us. Nagkatinginan naman kaming apat. Para kaming nag-uusap telepathically para lang pagdesisyunan kung sino ang magsasalita. In the end, Si Eudayme na ang nagvolunteer.

"Thank you for calling the police. As for us, we are just mere high school students who heard the scream of a lady and rushed here to see what was going on. Nothing else." Eudayme smiled at the boy. The boy looked at us one by one, a doubt one.

"Let's just wait for the police to come here, okay?" I suggested. There's no point in telling him who we are. That doesn't matter anyway, basta ang gusto namin ay matigil na ang serial murder na ito. We can't afford to lose another life.

"By the way, I'm Sho Aguilar." He lifted his hands to me, asking for a handshake. "Nice to make your acquaintance." Tiningnan ko muna ang tatlong kasama ko. Nakabilog silang tatlo at mukhang may pinag-uusapan. Ibinalik ko ang tingin ko kay Sho. 

"Felicine Nicolus." I introduced myself and accepted his hand. "Thank you, it's very nice to meet you as well." 

We shook hands for a few second. His hands were not that cold and it's not shaking anymore, unlike before. It was nice meeting him. Biruin mo, kakakita niya pa lang ng gory scene tapos nakarecover na agad siya.

"By the way, Sho." I called his attention. "Did anyone — aside from us — went near the body? Did the three of you touched something near the scene?" 

He shook his head. "The crying lady over there was about to approach the body." he jerked his thumb to the lady, she was still sobbing. She can't sit down because there might be evidence in there. Nakaalalay lang sa kanya ang isa pang lalaki. "But I stopped her. I said to her that if she touch anything near the crime scene, she might destroy possible evidences that might lead to the culprit who stabbed her husband."

"Husband?"

"Yeah. He repeatedly said 'dear' while crying when she found the lifeless body of the man." He tried to imitate the tone of the lady but it failed. He lifted his left hand, showing me the back of it. He pointed the ring finger with his right index finger. "The accessory on their ring fingers also said it."