Chapter 42: Found out

Felicine

"Tell me. Eudayme is the leader of the organization, am I right?"

Victor stared at me with his freezing eyes that sent chills down my spine. He remained seated on his swivel chair with his intertwined fingers on top of the white table. We were the only ones in here so he was free to say anything confidential.

I stared at him with surprise reflecting both on my eyes and face. I was too surprised that I can't answer him nor can move on my current position. He smirked at me when he received no response.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said then stood from his chair. He went behind it and bent down, placing both of his arms on top of the backrest of the chair. "Ever wondered why I stayed and waited for this time where no one except you and me, left inside the office?"

I wasn't able to speak, it was like something was stopping me from talking. I don't know if it was because of being surprised or is it because of Victor's dark aura.

Oh, please. Bakit pa ngayon ako kinausap ni Victor about diyan? Hindi pa rin naman ako makapaniwala na si Eudayme talaga ang may kagagawan ng lahat ng ito tapos ii-interrogate pa niya ako? Can't he at least consider someone's feelings?

"Still no answer? Well then, it's because I wanted to confirm my suspicion about that." He said. "And it was confirmed by your silence."

"Suspicion?" Naglakas loob na akong magtanong sa kanya kahit na parang nakakamatay ang titig niya sa akin.

I wasn't so sure about what suspicion is he talking about, that's why I asked him.

"Ever since you went outside the abandoned building, something was weird about you four, especially between you and Eudayme." He answered. Inalis na niya ang pagkakapatong ng kamay siya sa upuan at inilagay ito sa kanyang likod. "Uunahan na kita, yes, I was with Sir Amuro when he went to the abandoned building where Xachary brought you."

He turned his back from me and stared at the pinned picture of Sir Amuro on the wall along with the other pictures of the Student Council. I furrowed my brows at him. Is that why Sir Amuro didn't immediately stepped outside of his car?

"I saw everything but I wasn't so sure about what was happening until the meeting." He began to walk heading towards me while I still remained standing on my position. "Your eyes were tired, as if you want to wake up from this nightmare. Your distances of seats. My cousin's unusual behavior, your stare at Eudayme when the two were arguing, Eudayme suddenly went out ahead without bidding you goodbye and lastly, your reaction to my question about him being the leader."

If this was just a normal conversation, I would probably lift my hands and clap to him while saying the word "bravo" for his correct deductions. But no, this isn't!

So, all this time, he was analyzing every single thing about us and putting the puzzle pieces altogether to answer his curiosity? Well, he's Cali's cousin, no wonder if he also has good eyes and brains.

But, would he tell everyone about his findings or will he keep it to himself? If he will, then that would speed up everything. If he will not, I wonder what would be the reason?

"I won't tell it to everyone since there's still a question that is yet to be answered." He said and stopped from walking. Kaharap ko siya ngayon at kailangan ko pang tumingala paitaas para lang makita ang kanyang mukha dahil sa tangkad niya. "I believe that you too have no idea about it so I wouldn't bother to ask you that." 

Nagsimula na siyang pumunta ulit sa puting lamesa habang nasa likod pa rin ang kanyang dalawang kamay. Kumunot ang noo ko dahil sa sinabi niya. Ano kaya ang tanong niya na hindi ko alam ang sagot?