Christmas Special: The Case of the Missing Gifts and Kids Part V

Cali

"What the heck are you two doing?!" Aviela shouted. Chris and I diverted our gaze at the door of the kitchen. Felicine, Eudayme, Akhaya ang Aviela were standing, shocked for what they have just seen.

Chris and I are currently both holding knives. His eyes were flaming with anger. I didn't do anything to him and yet, it came to this situation. 

I lowered my knife and walked towards Aviela. I held her chin and raised it, making her face me. "Oh, were you worried for me MY dear Aviela?" I said, smirking and casting a glance to the jealous boyfriend of her. How nice it is to mock him.

I looked back at Aviela whose brows were creased, she then slapped my hand away from her. "I'm worried for the both of you. So what in the world happened?" she asked me before roaming her eyes around the kitchen. "And why were the staffs asleep?"

"Oh, what happened just a moment ago is not that important anymore." I answered her before approaching one of the sleeping staffs. "It's a little secret of ours, right Chris?"

We just had a little fight- a fight about me and Aviela. And that's not necessary to tell them the complete details. What they just saw will eventually give them answer. And that's enough. 

To tell you the truth, It is so overwhelming to meet the Greatest Student Detective. I know some of the cases she solved when she was still in the states but she wasn't the one who inspired me to be a detective. 

Nah uh! I wasn't also trying to make Aviela fall in love to me, but I have a bit of a crush on her. I'm not interested in any romantic relationships (Crushes does not count). But I like my relationship with the cases that needs to be solved. It makes my brain so worked up that I can't even eat properly or sleep.

If you like to know the reason behind my actions this day, I was trying to test her boyfriend, Chris if he will do something about a guy who keeps on dragging her girlfriend everywhere without the consent of her lover. Call me a cupid or something but I like the secret job that I'm doing.

Oh yes! I also enjoy mocking Chris, I don't know why though, but myself keeps on doing it. It's not like I hate him. I just don't know why.

Now back to the present, I examined again the staffs who were asleep. We already checked it earlier but it's better to check again. Scattered everywhere are snacks. The sleeping pill must have been mixed to it.

This case is interesting. Not only the gifts are missing but also kids. Also, Aviela and I saw a creased paper with strange lines drawn in it. She followed the folds and it revealed the words BOOM. Does the boom means bomb? Oh how sickening. I'm sick of dealing with bombs already.

The next interesting part in this case is this! After the distribution of snacks to the children, one by one, they collapsed. The reason was the contents of the milk. The reason why the staffs here collapsed are also because of the snacks. Now, who put it?

I turned to my other companions, they were roaming around the kitchen, observing every area available. Chris also started to roam. Sometimes he's kneeling, wiping his fingers and other gestures. He's been quiet since the other's joined in.

"Felicine?" I looked at Aviela who called Felicine. "Where are the parents?"

"They were outside when we got in here." Felicine replied. She was observing a middle aged man. He was wearing a formal attire. Basically, he's not a staff because staffs has their own uniform. We still haven't met the owner of this orphanage, so, maybe he's the owner?

I saw from the corner of my vision that Aviela stood up and went to Felicine's direction. As a curious detective, I also went to where Felicine is.