Chapter 40: Behind his Mask

Cali

"Hey, Felicine? Hey! You still alive?" I called her but she isn't responding. The only thing I could hear are the rustling of leaves indicating that someone is walking. It's getting louder and louder. 

"This is bad, Cali." Called my companion, Horace. His eyes are fixated on the screen of his black laptop with the expression of worry etched on both. I wasn't beside him, he's the one in charge for viewing the video caught in the camera attached to the necklace I gave. He turned to me. "She needs saving."

I immediately moved beside him to view what was happening already. I saw Xachary smirking while marching his foot hardly on the ground. This must be the reason why my line was cut off. He's destroying her phone. 

/"Hmmm... Interesting. He really picked an interesting opponent. He truly is our great boss though I hate him."/  Xachary said. We can hear and see everything that's happening because of the necklace. Horace didn't just attached a camera, but also a microphone that will automatically be recorded on his device.

Xachary hates Light? For what reason? Shouldn't he be happy because he got to do whatever he wants to do to those people that he hated? I need more information.

"Horace, can you rewind the video? Put it on the part where they were just heading to wherever they are." I asked. I got up to my feet and immediately went towards the stairs going down. "Hurry! You too."

He panned his head from left to right, before pointing his index finger to himself. "Ako, Cali?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him. Can't he see that we two are the only ones in here? How stupid.

"Hindi, siya." I pointed beside him with sarcasm. He looked to that direction with a tinge of fear can be seen. 

"Ay ako pala, hehe." He said and stood up while carrying his laptop. He started to brisk walk. "Huwag mo naman akong takutin, Cali. You know that I hate ghosts."

"Stupid." I replied then hurriedly descended the stairs. This isn't the time to walk fashionably, someone needs my help, and that someone is somewhat important. I can't risk my face again to be punched many times by his father. The punch that I received before was enough. "Horace, connect my phone to that necklace. I'll be the one to hear their conversation while you're tracing back their steps."

"Roger!" I heard him say. "Pindutin mo na lang ang kung ano ang magpop-up sa phone mo. Automatic na 'yan magcoconnect doon. Automatic na din diyan magsasave ang nakuhang footage and record."

Just as he said those, there was a pop up notification flashed on my phone's screen. I tapped it as his instruction and a footage popped up. I immediately connected my airpods to my device and plugged it to my ear.

/"Sleep tight my dear, you'll join those three anytime soon."/

What the hell? Then my deductions about those three being somewhere is correct? Horace just found out earlier about the whereabouts of those three. Apparently, they were gone missing just before the classes started. They were last seen passing by the guard house. Ever since then, no one have seen their shadows around.

I stared at the screen of my phone and it was all black. I tapped it to see whether it was turned off or something but it isn't. Did Xachary also knew about the necklace? 

*SCREECH...

 That was a sound of a tape just now. This means that he has no idea about the necklace. That's great news but why is there a tape and why is it dark? 

Think Cali, Think!  What could be the reason? If I were in Xachary's shoes, he wouldn't dare held someone who he could possibly kill within the vicinity of the school. That eliminates this place, so somewhere abandoned? Abandoned places are everywhere.