Chapter 14: GIRLFRIEND?

*Lucas' POV*

I decided to cook for her. She woke up late it would be better if the food is ready when she comes back.

"Hmmm bango ah. Kina-career pagiging husband material ah"
"Tumigil ka dyan William"
"Baka masanay na si Kennedy niyan."
Tiningnan ko siya ng matalim at nakuha niya naman ang ibig kong ipahiwatig.
"Fine. Hahaha iba talaga pag in love." Akmang babatuhin ko siya ng hinahawakan kong sandok kung kaya't kumaripas siya ng takbo.

I feel the presence of someone sa kitchen akala ko si William na naman but I saw Kennedy looking curious.

Damn. She's beautiful. She wears an oversized shirt and the glasses made her look cute. She just stared at me. Her simplicity makes her more beautiful. I can't help myself I wanna hug her but before I lose control binaling ko na ang tingin sa niluluto.

After I'm done I left the kitchen immediately baka tuluyang di ko na macontrol ang aking sarili.

She joined us after she's done.

*

"Nililigawan niya si Gwen"
After I heard that from William, I looked at her. Her eyes suddenly became sad.

When Drake and Gwen arrived, she keeps her head down. Drake introduced Gwen to them. We already know Gwen well not fully. She don't hangout with us I don't know why. The reason why Drake is not with us sometimes is because he hangout with Gwen's group. They're from other section and we are not close to them. I don't know I just don't feel their vibes. She seems nice but looks can be deceiving.

Kennedy smiled when she was introduced. Not a genuine smile but a sad one.

-

I stared at the name na nakasulat sa hawak kong papel. Kennedy. I looked at her and at the same time, she looked at me but immediately looked away.

What should I give her?

"Give her new glasses baka sakaling makita ka na niya." Biglang salita ng kapatid niya.
"What the..." Nabasa niya ang nakasulat sa hawak kong papel. This kid is really something else.
"Nakakabasa ka ba ng isip?" Seryosong tanong ko.
"No. But your actions are obvious. Too obvious."
"Should I ask Amber to shut your mouth?"
Nanlaki mga mata niya at nanahimik na lang.

*

We decided to do gift and grocery shopping in the 24th of December.

Wala pa din akong maisip na ibibigay kay Kennedy. Naghiwa-hiwalay kami around the mall to be able to buy gifts.
I saw her went in sa isang jewelry store. I secretly went after her. I saw her looking at some necklaces.

"Miss pwede tingnan?" Turo niya sa isang necklace.
"Sige po ma'am"

She tried it on and judging her looks, she really wanted it. Binalik niya ito sa case.

"Miss I'll come back ha."

I know she's gonna buy it but when she left, I approached the sales lady.

"Hi. I'll buy the necklace the one that the girl wore not long ago."
"Ito po ba sir?" Pinakita niya iyon sa kin.

It's a silver necklace with small heart pendant na may maliliit na diamonds. Minimalist lang siya pero sobrang ganda.

"Yes."
"Pero sir babalikan niya daw po ito eh."
"She's my girlfriend. I'll give it to her as a gift."
"Ang sweet naman. Hehe" she smiled at agad na binalot ang necklace.

Girlfriend... Sana