Chapter 27: FIRST...

*Lucas's POV*

I decided to share my problem to Kennedy. The first time I opened up to someone aside from my sister, Drake and William.
She was silent. Neither of us is speaking.

"Van Gogh once said, The heart of a man is like the sea. It has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths, it has its pearls too."

She said and I looked at her.

"Thats deep."
"You are like the sea. Outside, you are calm but when you get angry, you became dangerous but as I look deeper, you are like somebody else nasasaktan kaya nakakagawa ng masakit sa iba. Whats in your heart is pure sadness. You're rude outside but you're soft inside. I know you're a good person its just you didn't grow up in a loving atmosphere kaya you look cold."

I was not able to reply. Kahit minsan nakakainis to dahil sobrang clumsy, she has her own way of making people realize that life is beautiful.

"What happened to your parents is something you can't understand for now. Maybe they just realize its better to take the road alone than being together breaking each other. Its hard for you right now but its part of the process. Acceptance is really hard. It is painful. But after all, acceptance is also peace."

I felt a tear escaped my eyes. Her words hits right into my heart. She's right. I sobbed silently but she heard it.

She looked at me and gasped.

"Oh my god! You're crying!"

I felt embarrassed. Pinunasan ko luha ko.

"Umiiyak ka nga!"
Napahawak siya sa bunganga niya dahil sa gulat.
This is also the first time someone saw me cry. When I felt down I'm always by myself. Ayokong ipakitang mahina ako.
Agad kong iniwas ulit ang tingin sa kanya but when I heard her coughing I looked at her again.

"Sh*t sh*t."
She said between coughs. I looked at her confused.

"Lu-Lucas. .*cough* he-help...*cough*"
"Why?!" I asked
"Sand..."

Damn.

"Tanga ka ba? Ba't mo kinain ang buhangin?"
"I forgot. May buhangin pala sa kamay ko!"

I help her remove the sand all over her face but can't see clearly dahil madilim.

"Do you have your phone?" Tanong ko at tumango sya.
"Turn on the flashlight."

She immediately took out her phone and turned on the flashlight.

"Raise it over your head para makita ko." She obeyed at dahan dahan ko nang tinatanggal ang buhangin na medyo basa kaya mahirap tanggalin.

I removed those that on her cheeks and there's some also in her lips. Wala akong towel kaya I use my bare hands. I touched her lower lips. I felt her body tensed because of the sudden reaction.
Her lips are soft. I can't concentrate. As I continue to wipe it, lalo akong nahihirapang pigilan ang sarili ko. I wanted to kiss her.

Until...

I can't help it anymore. I moved my head closer until our nose touched. Hawak niya pa din ang phone niya. I looked into her eyes then down to her lips.

Sorry...

I know you don't like me, you might really hate me after I do this.

And I kissed her.