47 | HIS REASSURANCE

Start from the beginning

once changed, he approached your bed, jumping onto the mattress. his body sunk down a little into the softness of the mattress, next to you.

"ou, these look good." he said, searching through the bag of your multiple choices of snacks.

jungkook pulled out a bag of chips, repositioning himself so that he is seated on the mattress instead of laying down. he ripped the corner of the bag of chips opened, and began munching on the snack.

"mmm, these are so good," he covers his mouth with his hand, as he spoke with his mouth full of chips.

you hummed, eyes glued to your phone. jungkook didn't think anything was wrong at first when the both of you entered the dorm, but now it was really showing more than before. he knew something was wrong, you weren't usually this quiet and distant.

he crosses his legs, and nudges on your shoulder as he continued to munch on the snack.

you glanced at him, "hey, you good?" he asked. you nodded, "yeah." you dryly respond. but obviously you were kind of bothered.

you didn't want to seem overly dramatic but you couldn't help but to feel uneasiness take over you at the thought of jungkook with his past hookups. that fact that he stays glued to his reputation. he has the reputation of a fuckboy. and he goes by that.

or he used to.

but either way, his past self still haunts you. and you hated how the topic of him being a fuckboy and sleeping with other girls would come up when you were just getting over it. it still bothered you a lot, no matter how much times you try to avoid it.

jungkook finishes consuming the rest of his snack in his mouth, and places the bag of chips on the bed, right next to him. he dusts his hands off.

"you're bothered by something, and i could tell."

you rolled your eyes, "obviously," you responded. "jungkook, you know how much that topic bothers me."

your boyfriend instantly knew what your statement was implying about, and nodded his head. he pulls you closer, so that you'd face him more.

"y/n, how much times do i have to remind you that i've changed—" you cut him off, pushing his hands off of you. "i know, jungkook. you always say that you've changed, and yes i see that." you responded.

he raised a brow, utterly confused.

"but what you don't get, is that the thing is, your past self doesn't change anything. people always bring it up, and you don't bother to change to subject about it knowing how much it bothers me."

"so if people bring it up, you want me to deny it? i mean, it's true, i used to sleep around a lot, but—" you cut him off once more, feeling frustration build up inside of you. he didn't understand what you meant nor your perspective on things.

"you don't get it." you scoffed, shifting your gaze to the floor.

you felt jungkook grasp onto your forearm, trying to pull you in his embrace, and to gain your attention. however, he failed. you pushed his hands away, and folded your arms over your chest.

"what am i supposed to do—"

"forget it." you demand, your tone becoming more harsh. he was taken aback for a second, but he didn't want to show it.