he shook his head, "i don't want to bet nothin'. it's just a body of water, why's everything got to be a competition with you?"

     "whoa, whoa. take it easy, little brother. just trying to have a little fun here, maybe you spent too much time with that little lady." the older dixon put up his hand, getting in front of daryl, "no need to get your panties all in a bundle."

     daryl ignored his taunts, "you hear that?" he queried hearing a baby cry in that distance.

     merle nodded, "yeah, wild animals getting wild."

     "no, it's a baby." daryl shot back.

     "oh, come on. she making you all soft too? why don't you just piss in my ear and tell me it's raining, too? that there's the sound of a couple of coons, making love, sweet love. know what i mean?" he laughed.

     daryl pushed past him, jogging out of the bushes to hear walkers snarling in the distance and people yelling in a foreign language that sounded like spanish. daryl had heard rosaline swear in spanish before, he remembered her mentioning that a part of her family was hispanic so she knew how to speak it.

     people were on the top of a car, shooting down a dozen walkers as they made their way across a bridge above a river. merle found the whole situation funny, even whistling to tell them to jump.

     his younger brother shot him a look of disgust running up to help them.

     "what?" merle called to him, "hey, man, i ain't wasting my bullets on a couple of strangers that ain't never cooked me a meal or felicitated my piece. that's my policy! you'd be wise to adopt it, brother."

     daryl had seemed to get there just in time to save a man from being bitten. his arrow making a loud thwack as it pierced the walker's head. he started to take down more of the biters, using the same arrow that he'd slain the previous walker with.

     he saw the men looking at him in shock, "come on, man. i'm trying to help you out! cover me!"

    one of the strangers jumped down, grabbing their gun to shoot down the remaining walkers. there were at least four walkers crowded around a car that had a woman screaming in the front seat with a baby wailing at her arms.

     swiftly, daryl shot two of them down with his arrows before slamming one's head in with the butt of his crossbow. the last one at the back he slammed down with the trunk door. merle decided to finally join in to cover his brother.

     the man kept speaking in spanish, daryl unable to understand. if rosaline was there with him she'd know what they're spouting, "speak english!" he demanded.

     merle sat down on the hood of a car, a lopsided smile on his face as he watched the whole scene. one of the men had ran out of ammo and was struggling to deal with a walker that was gaining on him. seeing as daryl had ran out of arrows he was forced to use the knife that the girl had given him so long ago.

     he kicked the walker off the bridge, it splashing into the river water at the bottom. merle approached the car door, opening it but one of the men shouted at him in spanish. he raised his gun aiming it at him.

     "slow down, beaner." merle warned, "that ain't no way to say thank you."

     the younger dixon quietly approached his brother, a scowl on his face, "let 'em go."

     daryl's older brother put away the gun, "the least they could do is give us an enchilada or something, huh?" he searched through the car for some supplies as the woman wailed in the front, "easy does it, senorita. everything's gonna be fine."