Chapter113: Choice of the demon

It reeked charcoal, the distasteful taste of ashes. No one dared to come any closer than needed as they stared in surprise and disgust at what lays on the ground. Aside from charred tiles caused by the incident, a strand of white hair lay atop a pile of stones. It belonged to none other than the Jade princess.

Gone too soon, they all lowered their heads as they paid their respects. That's the one thing that kept them together—hope. Harumi was full of it and now, look what had happened to her. She was gone, really really gone. Sighing and not moving his eyes away after a minute or two, the blonde continued to frown.

He was never going to see her again, after thinking he had made things right and denounced his father for his wrong-doings.
If someone were to ask him why he had such the long face, he'd reply with a mere: "I'll never see her again and it's all my fault, I never apologized." At this point, he was brought to the lowest point, believing his actions were the results of his own selfishness.

But even so, they needed to push forward. They needed to honour Harumi's memory and get out of here for good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a completely different world,

"I knew it, I knewwwww ittttttttt" lashed out the white haired girl as she sat legs and arms crossed whilst mid-air. She glared and growled at the boy who was failing beside her.

No, in fact, they were both falling.

They didn't know what happened, one minute they were fighting on the rooftop and the second minute, poof! Here they were, falling out of Candyland. Kidding, it was a rainbow passageway, it's beauty was way too ethereal to be considered in a human's eyes.

Yet, Harumi wasn't making a big deal out of it despite being possibly the first actual living human to fall through dimensions and rifts.
The Ethereal Divide, a mysterious little paradox.

"What? I didn't know it would do that." Zackery responded with a spat, just like her, he was pretty annoyed with what had happened just now. "I never used the realm crystal before, how was I supposed to know we'd end up here?" He retorted in his defence.

Harumi rolled her eyes, bracing herself for impact as she believes she sees a faint light right below them. "I don't know, maybe I'd have realized that what it does is said exactly in the name!!" She scolded.

For two travellers, they both acted pretty calm about all of this. What they didn't take too lightly, was the landing.

Already predicting that there was a breakaway at the very bottom of this vortex, Harumi landed on the cement, her hand landing first, using it as a support for when her feet would reach the ground below her. Unlike Zackery, she wasn't stunned upon finally making contact with this solid path.

Where the heck were they? This wasn't Ninjago city.

Rubbing his head after being toppled over, Zackery looked around before screeching and moving out of the way as a flashy red vehicle drove their way. The two immediately reached the sidewalk where they both took a deep breath, having avoided the cars for now. That was a close one...

"Where are we?" Harumi muttered, catching her breath and just taking a second to examine for anything familiar. Maybe they were in Ninjago city, just...somewhere else, on an unknown street or something.

However, that was not the case for what they saw next.

"Uh Harumi?" Zackery blinked, raising a hand to point at a metallic vessel following a set of cars. Oh! So that's why the cars have forgotten about the speed limit, they were simply trying to expand their lifespan!

Taking the oni prince's warning as an advantage for her, the Jade princess hissed and used her feet to kick him back onto the streets.
"Take that, get taken away!" She shouted, practically feeding the oni to the spaceship that was ready to disintegrate every vehicle out on the road.