Chapter115: Wild Ones

No one had thought in an area like this, there would be this much light. Even as a forest being sheltered by so many leaves, it doesn't fail to show that even if alone in this place, there was always a presence.

A four-armed creature found that one out way too soon. Blinking and standing up from the ground, he looked over at his surroundings.

Crickets croaked and frogs leaped around,

leaves softly blew in the direction of the sun, the man sighed and uttered a single mutter;

"I'm in a jungle." He discovered all too dull.

He figures that he shouldn't dwell on where exactly he was. He wasn't too familiar with the places in this city despite his lineage.

He begins to walk around, pushing leaves out of his way each step he took.

He never liked forests, too much greenery and too many bugs that get in his way. He hates them, can never flick them off and having a little constant buzzing in his ears is something he doesn't want to think about.

He doesn't get very far though from where he had recovered from his paralyzed form. Abruptly stopping in his tracks, his eyes shoot open at the horrified scream coming from the distance.

His ears twitch and adjusting his helmet for his next instinct, he breaks into a sprint—

The oni lord doesn't know exactly why he wasn't running away from the sound, instead he runs towards it.

As if he was curious to know whether he was in danger or not.

Instead, he was met with a surprise on his part.

He stops again and takes in the sight,

Dirty white locks being dragged from the mossy grounds and hands, all too frail, he digging fingers into the dirt.

The individual cried out and attempted to scurry away from the grasp of, what Garmadon sees is a jungle vine.

But what shocked him the most is that he recognized who was the one in peril. Those watery pupils calling for help as well as those silver locks of hair.

He responds:

"Harumi?"

Confirming that it was in the fact the Jade princess, the oni lord growls and clenches his fists. "Dammit, not again." He mutters as he prepares himself into a sprint.

She really wasn't subtle at all, letting herself get taken like this again.

And what had happened to their training all those ages ago? He remembers how he built her from a weak young lady to a roaring warrior.

He runs after her, extending a hand forward to try and grab hold of her.

But now, the doll had found herself with dirt on her cheeks, being dragged away by a tree.

"Dammit, dammit."

The girl shouts, seeing his hand reach forward, she tries to grab his fingers.

The man narrows his eyes, running a little faster.

He wasn't letting her escape, not like this. No, he won't lose to a....troublesome tree.

Then, clutching his luck even more, he felt the touch of soft skin enveloping itself against the bare palm of his left hand. His eyes shot open.

He had finally gotten hold of the white haired girl and he feels the vine stopping—it had given him a chance to pull.

So he did, he pulled with all of his might, the white haired girl even trying to help him by kicking the trunk of the tree, demanding freedom.