Chapter5: the next morning

Bright and early, the skies of Ninjago were painted with a flurry of light blue and cotton candy pink. It's currently 5AM and the SOG especially Harumi barely got any sleep. The whole ordeal with the green ninja was 4 hours ago. Curse that blonde man for being the whole reason to why the team sacrificed their sleep. Though despite the fact that the white haired girl almost never shut her eyes, the daylight blinded her.
She screeched quietly as the blinding light got in her red-painted eyes. She turned around and used her pillow as a shield. However this was an automatic sign that she needed to get out of bed. She had her duties to do.

Quickly, she combed her hair, getting all the tangles out and changed out of her night gown. She also repainted her facepaint since the trims smudged against her pale skin. She left her chambers with a small yawn escaping her rosy lips. It was a brand new day. Another day of torture for Ninjago. Another day of planning for the sons of Garmadon. Harumi walked across the halls and looked around if any of the lower-rank guards were slacking off. That was the case. Her lips pursed and she placed her hands by her hips. She huffed in annoyance at the sight of two guards leaned against the windows and their eyes were shut. "What do you guys think you're doing?" She stormed over to the two guards and pressed her boots' heels on the cold tiled floor.
The guards immediately woke up and stood there, frozen in time. People could notice their trembling lips. Obviously, they were trying to say something but the words refused to come out. Probably the sight of Harumi intimidated them. Yet, who would blame them? "Slacking off I see?" The quiet one Continued, still, receiving no answer from the two guards.

Finally, one broke the silence. A phrase with nothing but stuttering was heard. "N-Not a-at all quiet one!" He blurted out and coughed at the end of his sentence. On the other hand, the quiet one glanced at another direction before returning to the matter at hand. "Then what were you doing standing in one spot? What if the rest of the resistance sneaks in? We have their precious idiot remember?" She reminded harshly before slapping the out-of-place guard. Later, walking off. People may look at Harumi and wonder: "is she abusing her power too much?". But if she had to admit.
Ofcourse not. Actually that punch right there made her feel good. Real good. She has never felt better. Well on the contrary, getting the chance to torment the green ninja was like a day at the carnival for a little kid. It may not seem like a spectacular sight but for the broken girl's twisted mind, it was the perfect comparaison.

Entering the last corridors of the floor. Harumi stopped, dead in her tracks. Her eyes were looking at a few stone-metallic doors by her left. Her grey eyes didn't seem widened or surprised at all. They showed one of insanity. A small smile crept on her rosy lips as she couldn't hold back a small chuckle. The doors were the ones leading to Lloyd's cell. Well the dungeons to be more precise. "Oh Lloyd, are you enjoying yourself? I hope you are." She taunted to no one in particular. Here she was, whispering threats from behind this door. She passed the door with a simple scoff. She kept walking until she reached a door by the end of the hallway. She rolled her eyes. It was the stairs. Just in case the lift was out of order or there was a fire.
"Forget that." Her eyes looked at the time-consuming excuse of an exit and made her way to where the lift was. The emperor certainly wanted to meet with her right about now. She pressed the button quickly as she just remembered. How could the start of a terrible morning bring her to something like this? Hopefully the emperor didn't want to see her for something important. She would be a tad late. No, about that. She was already late.

As the metallic lift doors opened, bring her to the tenth floor, which so happens to be Lord Garmadon's throne room, she sighed and narrowed her eyebrows. In a few moments, she was gonna find out what the emperor wants. She walked up the stairs until her heels landed on something that wasn't as hard as concrete steps. It felt soft and wasn't thick. Harumi's eyes immediately glanced down as the girl met with a medium-sized grey notebook. With a black and purple countourage. She bent down and picked the booklet up and dared not to open the front cover just yet. She turned away from the entrance to Garmadon's throne room and proceeded to go back to her room. She needed to know what was inside this book. Out of sight Ofcourse. The guards get rather suspicious of her actions these days.

Yet later, she'll find out that this book wasn't only filled secrets but gave her a new perspective on her current situation as leader of the Sons of Garmadon.
~~~
A/N Hello people! LillaSmolBean here, thank you for reading chapter 5 of Reconciled hearts! Hope you enjoyed and if you did, leave your thoughts down below and vote as well! It would be greatly appreciated! Anyways, what do you guys think is inside the book? We don't mind hearing your theories as well. I also apologize for the short chapter. That's because I didn't have much motivation to write this specific short chapter. But I hope it was satisfactory. Until next time though! Cya cya!^^