[11]

⚠️read the author note at the end of the chap, please.⚠️

"Hey, baby!" Luke said as soon as I walked off of my class. I jumped back a tiny bit, clearly off guard with his sudden appearance.

"Oh God, you okay?"

"Ye-yeah, I am. I just didn't expect you to be here. I thought we were meeting up in the cafeteria?"

"Well... that was the plan, but I miss you too much," Luke said as he bumped his nose softly with mine. I giggled at the cute gesture, before pecking his lips quickly.

"Miss you too, Lukey,"

"Do you wanna eat here or can we go outside?"

"Actually... Michael has something to tell us,"

"And that might be?"

"Something, we'll tell you when we're at our table and those two weren't throwing cheesy pick-up lines," I said pointing to the two boys. Luke nodded his head, grabbing my hand in his and then casually made his way in between them while shouting for them to quit it. I laughed as the two growled at Luke, clearly annoyed that we stepped in between them and ruined their lil bubble.

They trailed behind us, still giggling and throwing lame-ass jokes to one another. I not-so-subtly rolled my eyes at them, amused but also annoyed. We used to talk equally, like the four of us catching up on things and stuff, not talking just two-and-two.

"You okay?" Luke said, stopping me from moving.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you just zoned out there and I've tried to call your names a few times,"

"O-uh, yeah I'm good. Just upset with the homework from Madam Lilou,"

"She gave you one again? You barely finish the last one,"

"I know," I sighed heavily.

"I'll help you with it, I'm a senior remember?"

"Luke, nooo... you have your own homework,"

"I got them covered, it's fine,"

"No, please, I can do it by myself,"

"Yeah, and let you lost sleep than you already did? Hell no! I'm helping and that's final," Luke said with a knowing look. I huffed out at his stubbornness but said nothing to him. He took that as 'yes', so he tugged at my hand and continue our walk to the cafeteria.

Fortunately, Michael and Calum are already on the queue and it was almost their turns. I quickly made my way to them and told them what I want along with Luke's usual meal before stepping aside from the queue.

Luke raised his eyebrows at me and I just grinned up at him. He chuckled lightly, probably figuring out what I did to the two in the queue. Luke wrapped his arms around me as we walked for the two, swinging me side to side softly causing me to giggle quietly.

Michael is the first one to get off of the queue, a tray full of foods on his hand. I took my spaghetti and Luke's Mac n Cheese off of the tray and carried it myself to the table. Luke did the same with our drinks, following close behind.

We sat at our usual table, a weird silence surrounding us. It wasn't supposed to be like this. What happened? What changed?

"I just remember something," Michael spoke up slowly.

"What's it?" Calum asked.

"I talked with Ashton about a potential double date, you guys in?"

"Sounds fun, when's it?" Michael looked at me for any suggestion but I just shrugged at him. Luke put his arms around my shoulder, gently pulling me closer to him.