"What's so scary about him?" Taehyung asked, feeling amused by this attendant's behavior.

Just a day ago, this man was afraid of Taehyung and now it seems that he was more afraid of the playful general who had clearly done nothing wrong to him—just a bit of interrogation, and the man already shuddered at the mere mention of the general's name.

Taehyung was curious—he really wanted to know what general Jeon had done to this man to plant such deep fear inside the man's heart—Taehyung really wished to learn his ways.

When the two generals had left, Shao Lan felt his knees go weak before they eventually gave up on him—he sighed a breath of relief that he didn't know he was holding. Just a day ago, he had been made aware of the scary aura his young Master had hidden behind that smile and now he had been kidnapped and interrogated by a man far more dangerous than this one; When he glanced at the face of his young master, he felt like this man could still be considered a demon but compared to General Jeon—Taehyung was really just a lion in front of a dragon—at least this was his conclusion for now.

Taehyung walked towards him, "You should pick yourself up. Don't always go falling on your knees for every little thing."

Shao Lan somehow mustered up the energy to stand up as he heard this, "I-I'll keep that in mind."

"I'm going out to play, I hope you don't cause me more trouble." Taehyung smiled as he patted the man's shoulder.

Shao Lan nodded, feeling a shiver go down his spine. Why the hell was everybody so good at saying things with a deeper meaning? One really needed to analyze each and every sentence that fell from their mouths.

The underlying meaning behind Taehyung's words was as subtle as the sun in the summer sky—don't follow me and don't contact my mother anymore.

But even after being warned beforehand—Shao Lan would still choose to bet on his life and go against this young master's wishes.

The reason? Because the moment he had promised to accompany Taehyung to the enemy's lair—he had already given up on the hopes of having a longer life.

Taehyung smiled as he walked past the man, knowing that no matter what advice he gave to this man, the man would still choose to follow him like a loyal dog—his mother's loyal dog.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Seated on the throne, Yoongi looked blankly at the wall in front of him, with Hyun standing by his side—holding in his hand a set of reports that Yoongi was uninterested to listen to.

It felt empty, this place was just too..... Dead—as silent as a mourning house and the irony was that the only times it came to life was when someone actually did die.

Why would anyone want to fight for this lonely wretched seat?

"Has there been any progress?"

Hyun looked at the crown prince with an embarrassed face, "I apologize for this but we really could not find anything."

Yoongi laughed—an empty laugh filled with mockery, "Even a dog can't hide his feces that well. Dig deeper!"

Hyun bobbed his head up and down, "I'm sure we'll be able to find something."

"Hmm..." Yoongi looked at him from the corner of his eyes, "What about Jungkook? Didn't he abduct someone?"

"Ah! That! Taehyung's attendant has been safely returned to the peach blossom manor. This was done personally by the general."

Yoongi chuckled, "What was the result of the interrogation?"

"This." Hyun's cheeks flared up as he thought about the answer, "The discovery was certainly very interesting."