9

"Did you really have to prank me though!" Sunwoo glared at us angrily while sitting with his arms crossed.

"I even cried!" he exclaimed.

Giggling at the now fond memory, I told Kevin to put down the cake, remembering his reputation with them as Sunwoo continued to rant about how we shouldn't have pranked him.

"Hey, what matters is that it's over and that we need to celebrate the fact that you're now 19." I finally said when I noticed Changmin ( who suggested the idea ) start to become uncomfortable.

Sunwoo rolled his eyes before nodding.

I looked towards the calendar and saw the date April 12th circled in a thick purple color, a roughly drawn cake sitting on the day.

Sunwoo's birthday.

In the corner of my eyes, Changmin shot me a thankful look while Sangyeon carefully handed over a knife to Sunwoo for the cake cutting. The later leaned forward as the candles sitting on the cake wavered against the little wind produced from the boys.

"Haaaaaaaaappy Birthday to you!" Kevin started singing cheerfully as the rest of the members and I joined in.

"Happy Birthday to you, you're a hundred and two." Sunwoo glared at Hyunjae who laughed as the other's continued to sing.

"Happy Birthday dear Sunwoo, happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuUUUUuuauauauau" the song ended weirdly and abruptly but what did you expect from these chaotic boys?

Sunwoo finally let out a chuckle before closing his eyes and blowing out the fire on the candles, causing everyone to cheer.

"Now cut the cake!" I smiled and the birthday boy nodded, taking the knife and piercing the cake with it.

Everyone laughed at his action while I left to go get plates since this was my apartment. I came back only to find some cake on Sunwoo's face and the pastry dead on the ground, a guilty Canadian boy standing next to it.

I stared at Kevin and then the fallen cake before sighing.

"Let's head to the cafe for some cake!" I yelled and everyone cheered before running out.

"Aish..." I sighed again before putting down the now useless plates and grabbing my wallet.

"It's okay, I'll pay since I dropped the cake." Kevin said, pushing my arm away and looking guilty.

"It's fine Kevin." I smiled at him while we headed out together.

"At least let me clean it up."

"Okay." I quickly agreed since I hated cleaning.

Kevin laughed as I pressed the button for the elevator. The rest of The Boyz had taken the stairs and you could still hear their laughter and screams from the quiet elevator.

Once we made it downstairs and into the cafe nearby, I saw Sangyeon getting a table while The Boyz were being the loud and crazy people they were.

"How does Sangyeon even handle all of you." I asked laughing while Kevin simply shrugged.

"Ok, we get to be in the private room over there." Sangyeon said jogging up to us while Kevin and I joined them.

As soon as I got there, Sunwoo was by my side, chuckling at something Chanhee and Changmin had done.

"You okay?" I muttered to him.

Sunwoo turned around to face me, dark brown eyes catching mine.

"I'm happy." he replied.

We stared at each other for a few more moments before I softly smiled.

"Good."

Kevin POV

I lost sight of Ashlyn as soon as we joined the rest of the Boyz and when I saw my best friend again, she was sitting next to Kim Sunwoo, both of them laughing about something.

Sighing, I took the seat next to Jacob and joined in on whatever they were talking about.

Occasionally, when no one was looking, I would glance towards Ashlyn and Sunwoo who always seemed to be talking or arguing about something.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have a crush on Ashlyn or love her. I just want to be her best friend and spend more time with her. I want her to tell me more about her life and confide her deepest and darkest secrets with me.

but currently, the person to do all that, is Sunwoo.

Sunwoo was my friend, my younger brother almost, but for some reason, the more time those two spent together, the more I ended up disliking him.

I wanted Ashlyn all to myself.

Not because I loved her, just because she was my best friend.

A warning, a mysterious text from an anonymous person, telling him to stay away from her. It would be harmless. It should be enough. Just a little threat.

"Just a small one." I muttered out loud as I pulled out my phone.