Chapter 2

Y/N POV:

It's been a month since "The Originals" moved in, and I haven't left my room. I'm now in my chamber. In my white gown, while looking out the window.

 In my white gown, while looking out the window

I made the decision to visit the garden. To feel the soil beneath my feet, to smell the plants that surround me, and to hear the creatures that play a song that I can listen to all day. I noticed Niklaus as I walked down to the garden's center. He turned his head to look at me from where he stood in all his glory and said, "You know your parents adore you." For the first time, I looked into his eyes and saw something I'd never seen before in any man or woman. My heart was racing as I continued to seek him. If this is what it means to fall in love at first sight, I'm not interested. Love is a silly thing that makes people go crazy. I will not turn mad over a word that has no meaning in this world. "And how do you know that?" I asked with my gaze fixed on him. "It shows in the way they look at you," he said. I turn away from him. "Well, I don't give a damn."

All of sudden, he was only inches away from me instead of 3 feet away. He put his fingers under my chin and turned my head to look him in the eye. I never noticed how tall he is compared to me. "Look, give your parents a chance." I look straight into his eyes. "I will not." I say as I try to get away from him, but he is too fast. "They require your services." I wished. "They don't need me. They plainly don't care about me or my sister. They allowed you into our home. Now mo, e or I'll snap your neck." I walked away, giving him a not-so-nice look. I went back to my chamber. I need to start working on a protection spell for my sister and I. It won't do mu, h but it will help.

NIGHT

I was still in my room at the end of the day. I was reading a book in front of the fireplace. "Love, what are you reading?" I turn around to see Niklaus standing behind me. "I'm not sure why you're in my chamber." I return my attention to the fireplace. "I came to talk to you, and this time you'll pay attention." I return to my staring. I could see he was serious. "And why should I listen?" I asked him. "There is something about you that draws me towards you, and I want to figure out what it is." So he feels it as well, which surprised me because I had assumed he couldn't. "Ok, fine. Set with me but don't think this makes thingsng ok. I still don't like you." What am I doing, I asked myself.

Whether I'm falling in love or we just have a fantastic connection, we're not going to be together. For who he is and what my family is. Perhaps I'm just afraid for myself, my life, and my family. I don't want to be afraid of anything, but I am, and it is something I despise. Perhaps I should allow myself not to be afraid because I know that fear won't get me anywhere, especially not with him. I'll take this opportunity to get to know him and try to understand him. But one thing is for certain, I can not let myself love. Love is just a word that people say. People do not put meaning behind it, so what's the point of falling in love. It will only leave you hurting and wishing for death.

Love makes people do crazy things for crazy reasons. I will now be a part of that. I will not let myself get weak of the word love

...