The Date

Adrianna's POV

It is the day after the fight so I have my date with Demitri today. I'm supposed to meet him there since I don't have any excuse to tell my brothers as to how I may know him. I spent most of the day sitting and doing my homework, once again. I only missed one week of school, how the hell do they give that much homework. Whatever. School better not be this bad.

Since it's already 5:30, I decide I should go get ready for my date. I still have to cover my dragon tattoo because while he may know who I am. I can't have others know. Especially if my brothers and Lucas are already digging. Sitting with the Russian mafia heir with The Masked Temptress' tattoo would probably give it away. Unless they are actually that dumb.

Anyway, I can't figure out what to wear so I grab my phone and call Lexi for help.

"Heyyy. Whatcha doing?"

"Hey Lexi. I need help. I have a date and I don't know what to wear." I reply.

"Wait what? You have a date?" She replies shocked.

"Gee thanks. Yea I do. Dimitri and I are going for dinner."

"As in Russian mafia heir Dimitri? Since when do you know him?"

"Oh shoot. I really never told you? I've worked with their mafia a lot so I got to know him and he figured out my identity. We both liked each other and decided if we ever happened to live in the same city, and we were both single, we would try, so here we are."

"Adrianna. Is there absolutely nobody else you like?" Lexi asks me.

"Of course. Who would I like?"

I hear her whisper something that I didn't understand before she just says, "Nevermind. Okay, where are you going?"

"Some fancy restaurant."

"Wear your black tie up dress. The one you wore for our Italy trip. Lemme send a pic."

"Ohhh, yea

"Ohhh, yea. That outfit's cute. Thanks. I gotta go. Bye."

"I don't ship this. I have a better person in mind but have fun. Bye."

I end the call and get ready. As I walk down, I hear Antonio, Matteo, and some people on the phone talking in Italian. I immediately hear it's about me, well The Masked Temptress, so I stop and listen.

"Hai trovato qualcosa su di lei?" (Did you find anything about her?)

"Scusa capo. Abbiamo trovato solo cose ovvie come il suo tatuaggio del drago. Ha anche i capelli castani naturali. È tutto." (Sorry capo. We only found the obvious stuff like her dragon tattoo. She also has brown hair that is natural. That's all.)

I stop listening to the rest of the conversation. How the hell do they know that my brown hair is natural? The absolute only people that know are Lexi, Liam, Noah, Dimitri, Briana, Katherine, and Mason. It could be a guess because my tanned skin matches brown hair best. Yeah, it's probably that. Nobody that knows would ever tell anyone.

I walk down the stairs and I walk by them. I waved at them and walked away, and they didn't question it since they were in the middle of something. These idiots kept talking in Italian. Did they even question that I may know it? Waitttt. This is perfect. I can confront my brothers about their mafia while still keeping my identity hidden. I just have to act scared that they are the mafia. I scoff. Like they could ever touch me. They may be the most powerful mafia, but every mafia knows not to mess with me. I help mafias with gang situations, and I never harm any mafia. I stay out of any issues between mafias, so I literally have the support of every single mafia. Nobody touches me. Looks like I have a confrontation to do. I'm still having dinner with them anyway since I can't tell them I had dinner with Dimitri.

I walk out of the house and into my car, focusing on my upcoming date. I can handle the stuff with my brothers after. I drive to the restaurant and see Dimitri waiting outside.

"Hey!" I give him a quick hug.

"Hey! Ready to go in?" he asks.

"Yup." We walk into the restaurant and the waitress tells us that there are no tables available.

"I own the restaurant. Make a table available."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you Dimitri sir?"

"Yes, I am."

"I will find a table right away. Your friend on the other hand." She looks at me up and down. "Why is she here?"

"Excuse me. I'm Adrianna Ferrari, I believe we have a permanent table here. No need to move a couple Dimitri and I can just take my table." She looks shocked by my last name. Hey, she was rude. Might as well throw around my last name's reputation a bit.

Demitri smirks at me as we follow her. We ordered and had a lot of fun but I feel like he's more my friend now than anything else.

"Hey, wanna walk around?" Demitri asks me after dinner.

"Yeah, sure." We leave and walk around. After walking around Central Park for a little while, Demitri grabs my arm, stopping me. He leans forward and kisses me. It felt weird. As soon as we stop kissing, I burst into laughter. I feel bad until I see Demitri having the same reaction.

"We really are better as best friends huh?" Demintri asks.

"Oh thank god. Yea, we are."

"Well, I had fun hanging out with my best friend, I've missed you."

"I've missed you too idiot." I reply

"I do have to go though, before my brothers die from me being gone."

"Well, good luck with that. Need some help controlling them?"

"Hope. I've got it. Plus, they won't be able to say anything tonight for sure. Those idiots were talking about mafia stuff in Italian right in front of me, assuming I don't know. I'm going to confront them about it tonight, but I'm still not exposing my identity."

"Wait. That actually works perfectly. If you already know, they may be able to tell you about their search for The Masked Temptress. If they do, you know exactly how to protect your identity."

"Exactly, so I've got to go. I had fun. Bye." I give him a quick hug before I go back to my car. Demitri and I really are better as friends. I'm glad he thinks so too, because I really didn't want to lose one of my best friends. Plus, he's one of the few people that know about my secret identity.

I drive home and walk into a bombardment of commotion.

"Where the hell were you?" Antonio asks.

"What do you mean, I literally waved bye to you and Matteo. Why the fuck would I be waving and going to the garage if I wan't waving?"

"Why are you wearing that" Lorenzo asks.

"Language Adrianna." Matteo reminds me.

"OKAY." I yell to shut everyone up. "I am wearing this because I can. I went on a date with someone but I'm pretty sure we work better as fiends.

"A DATE!" Multiple voices cream.

"SHUT UP!" Everyone silences. "Okay, now. Yes, a date. We're going to be friends only anyway so leave it along. Also language, really Matteo? Have you heard how all of you guys talk?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we want our baby sister to talk like that." Matteo replies.

"Well, you have no say in that. Also, I didn't give a proper goodbye before leaving to everyone because I had some stuff to process. Now, everyone. To the dinner table." I point to the dinner table.