An Explanation

Adrianna's POV

We all sit at the table and I can see the boys questioning glances. I decide to break the silence and start explaining a somewhat true version of how I know the american mafia family. Of course, the part of me being The Masked Temptress, a famous street fighter and assassin would be a topic I would have to avoid. I looked at Lexi hoping that maybe she would find a reason as to how I know them, but a face I know all too well. Her face said, 'Are you stupid? I'm not lying to six ruthless mafia men.' Well, looks like I have to explain myself.

"Sooooo, you see, well, ummmm. I went to school with The American Mafia Triplets."

"Huh?" Luca questions.

"Oh. I forgot, I mean Lexi, Liam, and Noah. I met them when I was in second grade and we all became immediate friends. Their whole family is like my second family." I explained but as I continued, Leonardo interrupted, "Wait, does that mean you know about the ma-" Antonio throws him deadly daggers with his eyes. Of course, I know he was about to say mafia, but I pretend I don't know.

"What?"

"Oh nothing princess, please continue. I get how you know them but I still want help understanding exactly what Lexi meant by Lucas and you always arguing and that sexual tension of course, because let's make it very clear, you're never getting a boyfriend. " Antonio looks up at The American Mafia Triplets and asks, "Also, if you knew her, why didn't you ever tell us when we were looking for her. She literally has our eyes and the exact name of our missing sister."

Lexi glanced at me for a quick second before saying, "I didn't know she was your sister until you guys found her. I guess none of us processed it because it's pretty crazy."

Before this becomes a full-on discussion, I interrupt to answer his other question. "And about what Lexi said about Lucas and I, well," I  take a glimpse at Lucas to find him blushing and looking down. A fucking mafia heir flustered. Wait why is he blushing? Whatever, I'm probably imagining it. Though now would be a really good time to jump in and help. Geez great, thanks for the help Lucas. "Well there's nothing there. The triplets are crazy. Lucas and I literally hate each other. We argue when we're in the same room for more than two minutes and the triplets are really weird about it." I explain to the boys. Hey, at least I didn't lie about anything there.

As I wait for the boys to answer, I hear Noah whisper under his breath, "Oh, If only you really knew Adrianna." I don't think I was supposed to hear that. What the hell does that mean. What don't I know?

I decide to pretend I didn't hear anything and say, "Okay. Now that that's sorted out we can have a normal meal." Why the hell do I sound like a hostess? Oh shit, I have to ask Lexi if she can cover for me while I have a mission in four days. "Hey Lexi, I need help fixing my dress, can you come to the bathroom with me?" I ask Lexi. I give her a sign that means 'Just go along.' and she answers, "Yea okay." I look at everyone at the table, and say, "Please, excuse us." before walking away with Lexi.

Lexi waits till we reach the bathroom before asking, "What's up? I see the face. I'm your best friend, you literally can't lie to me."

"Two things. First, what was with all the staring at Allesandro? Nevermind, we'll talk about that later. I need help covering. Oliver gave me another mission but it's in four days and I can't have the boys knowing I'm The Masked Temptress." Oliver handles my assassin missions and most of my street fights or races. He's a couple years older than me so he's acted like my big brother. Wow, looks like I have seven of those now.

"Yea, sure. We can say we're at the mall of something and threaten our guards with something worse than what the boys can do so they don't tell them."

"I knew I kept you around for a reason." I smile at Lexi.

She immediately hits my head and says, "Yea idiot. You get to be in my presence because you're my best friend and you need me." We smile at each other before heading back to the dining table. Man, I've missed my friends. I still miss the others, but at least I have some of them.

We sit back down in our seats and join the discussion. It was a friendly dinner after the whole, somewhat true explanation of how the hell I know the Jones. We just ate and chatted for a while before the Jones all had to leave, since it's pretty late and we are all tired.