Chapter 30 - Four Seasons

Scarlett

"Are you sure you have everything?" my mom asked as I stepped out of the house.

"Yes, I do."

"Really? You have underwear, toilet trees, bras, clothes, bathing suits, feminine products, and-''

"Yes, I promise," I reassured her.

"Okay." She took a deep breath in. "If anything bad happens, you'll call me, right?"

I laughed. "Yes, mom, oh my god."

She hugged me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just want you to be safe."

I returned the hug. "I have to go. I love you, mom." My dad unfortunately wasn't there to see me leave since he had work.

She waved goodbye. "I love you too."

I walked down to James's car where he and Thomas were waiting for me. Their parents were driving separately since they had to pick up a few things before the flight.

I got into the car. "Hey."

"Hey, sissy," Thomas greeted me from the backseat. He called me sissy now because he said he considered me apart of the family. It was really cute.

"Hi, Thomas!" I greeted him back.

I looked at James who was looking me up and down. "Hey, James."

"You look hot," he said.

I slapped his arm. "Don't say that!" I knew he was mocking me, because I was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants that made me look homeless. Also, I wasn't wearing any makeup so I looked like I just woke up.

"I'm serious. I like seeing you in your rawest form."

I looked away awkwardly. "Um, that's weird. Just drive, please."

"Whatever you say," he responded and drove off.

The airplane ride was pretty boring. Thomas, James and I all sat in the same row, while their parents sat in the row in front of us. The whole plane ride over, James would tease me by resting his fingertips on my thigh or playing with my hair while I was trying to watch a movie. It drove me absolutely insane.

Once we landed, we drove over to the hotel and the drive over was beautiful. The pretty birds glistened in the wind, the tall palm trees greeted us on either sides of the road, and the vibrant blue ocean sparkled. Oahu was like a dream, and vacation barely even begun.

After thirty minutes of driving, we finally made it to The Four Seasons, which is a very expensive hotel, only fit for the richest of the rich. There were butlers serving people everywhere — even in the lobby! The concierges wore luxury black suits with hints of gold.

To be honest, I felt out of place. It was too nice of a resort for me.

After checking in, Jessica and Nicholas walked over to me.

"Sweetheart," Jessica began, "you will be staying in a room by yourself, next to Thomas and James's room. Nicholas and I will be staying on the top floor in room 602. So if you need anything in the middle of the night or at any time, feel free to come up."

The room the parents were staying in was humongous. The highest floor is like a penthouse basically.

She handed me my key card. It said '420'.

I laughed.

"Okay, thank you so much," I thanked them.

"Of course," Nicholas said with a smile on his face.