Chapter 23 - Jealous

James

False rumors spread around about me all the time, and each time I think it will hurt a little less, but it always hurts the same.

Especially this one — the one of supposedly Juliet grinding on 'me'.

The second I walked into school everyone was staring at me. I felt the attention of hundreds of eyeballs all on me. I couldn't help but wonder if Scarlett saw the video.

"That's him right?" a freshmen girl whispered to her friend.

"Yeah that's him. He's kind of cute, don't you think so?"

I rolled my eyes as I walked passed them. Compliments like that meant nothing unless they were from the girl I liked, which thinking about it now, she's never complimented me before.

"James!" Juliet squealed as she wrapped her arms around my torso.

I pushed her away. "What do you want?"

Everyone was watching. Everyone.

She looked concerned. "Is something wrong? I just wanted to say hi."

I looked around and I stopped once my eyes landed on Scarlett. She was standing next to Cassidy who was whispering things in her ear. The look in Scarlett's eyes made me want to vomit. She looked at me with disgust and disappointment.

When she noticed I was looking, she immediately avoided eye contact and looked down at the floor.

Juliet grinned, knowing exactly that her plan was working.

"Come with me," I mumbled, grabbing Juliet's arm and pulled her with me to the nearest janitors closet.

Once I shut the door, I let out all my anger. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Juliet glared. "Wrong with me? I didn't do anything."

I laughed sarcastically. "You're insane. Delete that video now and tell everyone that that wasn't me."

She took a step closer and rested her hand on my chest. "Come on, James. Why can't you and I just have a little fun together."

I stepped back, not wanting to feel her body against mine. "What the hell do you want? Why are you tormenting me?!"

She was silent for a moment.

"I want you," was all she said.

I blinked. "Excuse me?"

"I don't care if you don't think you want me now. Eventually you will realize I'm better than that fucking slut, Scarlett. I know you'll want me and I'm not gonna stop until I have you, mark my words."

She tried to hold my hand but I slapped hers away.

"Are you fucking crazy? What makes you think that taking fake videos of me and posting it will make me want you?!"

She grinned. "It's all part of the plan."

My eyebrow lifted. "What plan?"

"That's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot," she giggled.

I wasn't amused. "I'm telling the principal."

Juliet's eyes widened. "Okay, fine! I'll delete it. Please don't tell the principal."

"Fine, I won't," I lied. I knew if I didn't tell she wasn't going to stop. I don't know what her plan is but I hope she doesn't succeed.

And I'm not going to let her.

***

Later that day I went to the principals office and told the principal about what happened. Thankfully, Juliet was suspended for the rest of the week so at least I don't have to worry about her doing anything else for a while. But whatever comes next, I need to be ready.