Chapter 3 - Lockers

Scarlett

"How was your first two periods?" my friend, Cassidy, asked me.

I huffed in annoyance. "Like usual, boring as fuck."

For anyone who was wondering, each period is one hour and thirty minutes, so basically we have two periods then lunch then two more then it's time to leave. We have odd periods some days and even periods others.

It was lunch time (finally) and I sat with my three closest friends: Cassidy Kellerson, Ian Smith and Chase Brynes. Out of the three of them, I've known Chase the longest. We have been friends for about eight years and counting. We used to be neighbors when we were kids and we would play on his trampoline almost everyday we had time. Through thick and thin we have stuck together. When his parents divorced, I was there for him. When my adoptive parents told me I was adopted, he was there for me. We are each others rocks and nothing could separate us.

I'll admit, I used to have a tiny crush on Chase when we were younger. I mean, how couldn't I? He wears the nerdy square glasses because he has a hard time seeing. It's really cute when he squints while he reads out loud to the class. He has golden tan skin just like the surfers from Hawaii do. His hair is dark chocolate brown that falls just above his shoulders and parts in the middle of his head, so it's kind of like surfer hair. His eye color is the same as mine, which is dark brown. And to top it all off, if you look closely, he has these dark brown freckles sprinkled on the bridge of his nose and a little bit on his cheeks. To be honest, he would definitely get girls. But to my surprise, he isn't interested in girls, and rather he focuses on his studies.

Next, there's Cassidy. I've known her since sixth grade; so not as long as Chase, but we still are just as close. Since it's hard to tell a boy your 'girl problems', I always go to Cassidy. She's the master at solving everyone's problems and should win an award for it. Even thought she's on the cheer team, she's not that popular. But if boys aren't falling at the popular girls' feet, then it's Cassidy they are falling for. But I don't blame them, she's beautiful. Unlike me, she has a nice hourglass body with medium-sized breast and a perfectly curved ass. She is just a typical white girl. She wears black Lulu Lemon tights all the time with cropped shirts. Everyday she brings Starbucks to school. Her long, blonde hair is always curled; so when she walks her long, ringlet curls bounce up and down like bouncy balls. She has eyes possibly more blue than the tropical oceans. And to top it all off, she always has to have a scrunchie around her wrist as she dangles her car keys from her Louis Vuitton wallet.

And finally, we have Ian. Cassidy was the one that introduced us to each other two years ago. Ian is the protector of the group, always keeping us out of harms way. I always thank Ian for protecting me, even when I can protect myself. He always acts like this, especially for me which I don't know why. Ian is the total jock; he plays basketball, soccer and even does a little bit of cross country. Every girl wants to date him because not only is he athletic, he's very intelligent. Being at the top of his classes and having so much sports practice, he barely has time to hangout with us but he tries to make time, because he always says he wants to make Chase, Cassidy and I happy. Like Chase, Ian is also very attractive. But unlike Chase, Ian actually dresses cool. He has rock-hard abs and muscular arms. He has black, soft hair almost as black as night that falls in his eyes often which I keep reminding him to cut but he never listens. He has hazel eyes and has a sharp jawline girls fawn over. And he also has a tiny birthmark on the side of his neck which kind of looks like a hickey if you're far away.

These are my three closest friends. And without them, I don't know what I would do. At the end of the day, we always try to help each other in any way we can. Besides my adoptive parents, they are the closest I have to family.