Chapter 13 - Homecoming

James

I was not excited for homecoming.

Well, the only part of homecoming I'm excited for is getting to see Scarlett at the dance.

As I looked around the ballroom repeatedly, I realized she hadn't arrived yet.

We haven't spoken since the time I had dinner at her house. That was almost a week ago.

I'm not suprised she hasn't spoken to me, though. I wish she would, but then again she never does. It's always me going up to her.

"Do you want to dance?" Juliet asked me.

Not taking my eyes off of the staircase that lead to the entrance, I nodded.

Grabbing my hand, Juliet pulled me past all the other teenagers and in to the middle of the crowd where couples were slow dancing.

The ballroom was ginormous. There was the dance floor that felt like the size of the football field, and on each side of the dance floor were these tables set up with the most extravagant foods. Huge, crystal chandeliers hung from the domed roof. Two staircases were placed in the back of the ball room that connected as you walked up them. What made it more cool was that the stairs had red carpet placed over them which made it seem like a runway. And from the top of the stairs, there was the entrance to the dance. I felt as if I was in a movie based off of rich people and it was the scene where everyone went to the ball.

I swayed in sync to Juliet as a slow Waltz song played in the background. Usually they don't play Waltz at homecoming, but the theme was the 1800's. Nobody ever dresses to the theme, though.

"I like how you did your hair," Juliet complimented me, pulling my body closer to hers.

"You're the one that said it would look nicer like this," I reminded her since she was the one that forced me to gel my hair back, even though I preferred it parted down the middle.

I wonder if Scarlett will like my hair gelled back...

"You know, you haven't complimented me at all tonight...not even when you picked me up," Juliet whined. "Do I look pretty?"

Jesus. Didn't know it was fishing season.

I looked her up and down as we continued to sway.

Juliet was wearing a tight dark blue, short dress. Ok, but when I say short, I mean short. Any guy behind her looking at her would be able to see a sneak peak of her ass. It disgusted me how much attention she wanted not only from me, but from every guy in the room. I could even see some dudes checking the back of her out. What made it worse was that it was floral lace.

On top of that, her face was all caked up with makeup that appeared to be professionally done. It looked good...if her goal was to look like a drag queen.

"You didn't dress to theme." I changed the subject in attempts to avoid complimenting her. She didn't need her ego fed.

"So? No one did. Anyways," she purred, leaning in to my ear. "Do you maybe wanna get out of here?"

I knew exactly what she was hinting at. She wanted to hook up and probably even more. Like hell I would do something like that with her.

But god damn, imagine doing things with Scarlett like...

I needed a breather.

"I'm going to get some punch. Do you want some?"

Her phone burped a text. We both looked down. A boy who I've never heard of texted her, asking a question or something like that, I couldn't read it clearly because she pulled her phone away.