Psimon

The last thing I knew was that I was in my cell at Belle Reve. The thing I know now is that I'm no longer there. I was now strapped down to a metal chair, cuffed and collared.
"Glad to see you're awake."
I jumped at the sound of the voice. It was unlike me to not know someone was in a room, even with this blasted collar I can sense a mental presence.
"You're wondering why you couldn't sense me?" He said as I tried to make him out from the shadows, "Because you've never met someone like me. You thought the Batman's walls were strong, soon you'll understand what strong is."
"What do you want?" I asked.
"Unfortunately, you posses a skill I require but cannot acquire myself," He explained, "So you'll give it to me. And I hate taking people on, they can always talk. Especially those that are unwilling like you. It means that I have to resort to some, let's say painful, tactics to earn your loyalty."
"Who are you?"
"Tut-tut," I could hear the smirk in his voice, "I have no reason to trust you, so that information shall remain confidential. But enough chit-chat Dr Jones, my boys have work to do."
He blended seamlessly back into the shadows as I felt presences come behind the door and in came four men, and a cart of medical devices. And I could sense their intent.

I awoke in dark room, I didn't know how long it had been, I didn't know what pain was anymore. It was as if I didn't exist anymore, after days of the boys torturing me they had left me in here alone. No food, no water, no light. Science was right, time is just an illusion. The door opened and the same figure I'd seen when I first came here stood outlined against the light.
"I have your first task," He said as I felt a presence coming up behind him, "A permanent life glamour on him to look like Richard Grayson."
"Why?" The word was scratchy in my throat.
"Watch your tongue before I cut it out," He threatened as the man entered and came over to me, I didn't have the strength to fight back, "Your collar is only coming off for this task, then straight back on."
I felt a surge of power as it came off, and the mans presence appeared, weak still, well hidden, but it was there.
"I can feel you searching for me," He said, "Do the task or face another week in the chair."
Fear filled me as I looked over at the man, athletic in a circus way. I focused all my strength on him and placed a life glamour on, and then I was looking at Richard Grayson. Then my power was gone again as they placed the collar on.
"I knew we could trust you Doctor," The man said as he looked at my work, "Now we just keep you alive."
I was just about passed out as the door closed behind them and I was left in the darkness alone yet again.

"Wake up."
The pain in my ribs was a sudden shock as I came back around.
"The boss has another task for you," I felt my collar fall from my neck as I was pulled to my feet.
As I was escorted through the factory I tried to figure out where I was, but there were no windows or sounds outside of the metal box. I could sense the mental presence of lesser creatures, and not many of higher intelligence, an island somewhere remote then. I was shoved into an office at the end of the hallway, a single desk there.
"Where is he?" I asked as I eyed the water on the desk.
"He's not here, he'll be in contact remotely," The man said as he closed the door behind him and a screen came on to show a blank screen.
"I need you to access a few minds for me," He said, "Get them to do some tasks."
"Who?" I asked as I downed the water.
"Alfred Pennyworth," He said, "I need you to get him to set up some bombs in the manor and tie himself down in there."
"What's the distance?"
"Wayne Manor, that's all you need to know. I know how you work," He replied, "Get on with it, now," And he cut the line.
I guess I wasn't getting to know why either then. I channelled all my power towards the name and place, and found a presence. And his walls were strong. But not strong enough, it took me all of two minutes to break through them and take him over.
"Hello Psimon," The British voice came through the line, "What may I ask do you want with me?"
"I have a task to do," I replied as I guided his body through the steps.
"You've picked the wrong family to play with," He replied, "I know some powerful people."
I felt a wall go down, and I had enough power to go in whilst I continued the task. And I'll admit I was a little scared when I saw Batman.
"You know Batman," I said, "I'm assuming you know them all then."
"I can see what you're doing with me," He said calmly, "I knew my time would come eventually. But know I won't go unavenged."
"You know their identities," I said as I dived deeper, and had the shock of my life.
Bruce Wayne, and Richard Grayson. The boss had made me make a life glamour of Grayson, this was connected.
"Young Grayson is on his way home soon," Alfred said.
If I did as I was ordered, the bombs would go off just as he pulled up. Alfred would be dead for reasons I didn't know. New plan. I opened up the front door and turned off the camera's, if Grayson really was Robin turned Nightwing, he would get the hint. Then I extended the times on the bombs, an extra ten minutes should be enough.
"I've done what I can," I told the English Butler, "I wish I could tell you why this was happening, but I'm not getting much a choice in the matter."
"Thank you," He replied, "It's been a good life."
And I cut the connection. Another task for this boss done, and a clue towards what he's planning.

The screen connected back up a few days later and the black silhouette spoke to me again.
"I hope you've been enjoying your time off, I have another task for you."
"What is it this time?" I asked, I was feeling better now they'd been feeding me and actually giving me water.
"Clayface," He told me, "I need him to take Batgirl hostage and set up a maze, but as Riddler."
"Why not get Riddler to set up the maze whilst Clayface gets the girl? It'll be easier as it'll look more genuine," I suggested.
"Do that then, just get them there before tonight," He said, "And if you try to play another trick like you did with Pennyworth, you will be punished accordingly, you're just lucky he ended up in a coma."

"Is the maze and trap for the duo set?" The screen asked, causing me to jump from the light slumber I'd fallen into.
"Yes," I replied.
"Good, I have another task for you," He cut straight to the chase, "Karen Parker, Hotel room 14G at Lufatica Hotel. I need her to get the gas mask off of Grayon's side."
"Is that it?" I asked.
"Yes. Get on with it. No slip ups this time."
She was easy enough to get a hold of, and the mask was easy to find in Grayson's apartment as Karen took it and placed it back in her wardrobe.

"Your final task for tonight, it's going to be more difficult," The screen spoke once again, "I need Clayface to go through with being Riddler for the performance, I need Karen to put the mask back on Grayson's side and for Riddler to move Grayson to a new warehouse once he's knocked out."
"Three people at one time?" I asked, "You're asking a lot when I know almost nothing."
"I know you can do it, so get on with it," And the line went dead again.
I started with Karen, hers would be quick, but I needed to wait for the above to clear out. And Clayface, I had to keep going through with his performance. Okay, add subliminal orders for Karen, don't worry about her. Add subliminal orders to Riddler and keep half an eye on him, focus on Clayface. He'd be the most difficult to keep up all night.

"Psimon, my dear, another task for you," That voice was starting to become really annoying, "Back to Karen. I need her to set up a few things in Grayson's room."
"What did you have in mind?" I asked.
"There's a man at the window, he's got everything for her to put into place. I want a bomb hidden in his room, plans for the arena in his desk drawer. And quite quickly, before the others get in there," He said, and the line was cut again.
I was starting to get fed up of this man. But I'd do what he asked, only because I knew what he was capable of.

I was almost asleep when the boss came back through the screen again, "I need you to access Wallace West, he's been disappearing a lot recently overnight, I feel he is meeting with Grayson, I need to know where they are."
I didn't bother to reply as I searched for him, he didn't have a location so it was going to make it that much harder. I couldn't seem to find him though as hard as I searched.
"Anything?" The voice came through five minutes later.
"I can only work so fast," I replied, "Without a location it can take time."
"Alternatively you're just not trying anymore, your work has been sloppy, all of it cutting close, and letting Riddler and Clayface escape like that," He said as the door opened, "I believe you need some time to re-evaluate your choices."
No, he can't mean, I tried to fight back, but the men were stronger and once the collar was on, I had no hope.
I swear, I'll get my revenge one day. I would not go down quietly.