Arc 3: Chapter 61

Rosina didn't say a word only looking at Elenor with an unreadable expression. Seeing that her point went to her and made it clear, she took a step back. As she was about to walk away, Rosina spoke up.

"I said, how does this have to do with that Lady Elenor?"

Elenor was about to speak up but Rosina beat her to it. "You don't bring danger to us and so what if you did? Isn't it clear that you are able to protect yourself from it?"

"Lady Rosina, you and Isabella will both get hurt because of me-"

"You don't have the rights to say that Elenor." Isabella spoke.

"We chose to be friends with you. We could care less about that stupid thinking of yours. Danger? You are the daughter of a marquess household, you have the power to protect yourself. You don't need to worry about me or Lady Rosina."

"You experienced it first hand of what just happened Isabella."

"Lady Elenor. These dangers you think you brought onto us aren't from you. Don't blame yourself for something like this. Even if the world is against you, we will stay by your side right Lady Isabella?"

"W-well if you insist on it."

"You two..." Elenor was truly speechless.

"..What if I told you the world was following a setting?" she muttered, clenching her fists tightly.

Rosina tilted her head to the side, "So what? If it was why not you don't follow it? You decide how you want to live isn't it?"

Her words struck Elenor. How could she have been so blind and dumb? Rosina was right. She is the one who should decide how she wanted to live her life. Why was she so afraid? So what if this world was truly following the book, she was now the one living in it so she could do whatever she wanted. This was her life now. The world shouldn't dictate how she or anyone wanted to live their lives.

"Haha..." she couldn't help but laugh at her own self. She wanted to punch herself for not using more of her brain cells.

"Lady Elenor?" Rosina called out to her.

"Please call me Elenor, Lady Rosina."

Hearing this, Rosina's eyes lit up. "Then please call me Rosina!"

Elenor brightly smiled at her before nodding. Isabella sighed, folding her arms.

"Finally you stopped being depressed. Now let's get out of here, I don't want to be reminded of what just happened." she said with a frown.

"Ah Lady Isabella, you can call me Rosina as well!"

"I never asked!"

Elenor watched as the two kept bickering. Well, Isabella was one sidedly doing that. After that, the outing continued on smoothly only until the end of it when Rosina had left first, Isabella turned to Elenor and frowned.

"..I befriended my rival..."

Elenor didn't reply to her and instead burst into laughter causing her face to turn redder than before. Isabella smacked Elenor on the shoulder repeatedly but it didn't hurt as she used little to no strength.

"Stop laughing at me!!"

"Yes yes." Elenor replied, calming herself down before the two head back to her estate as Isabella's carriage was there.

Elenor glanced at Isabella who didn't notice her gaze. She had a blissful smile on her face. Elenor could tell she was happy because of today.

"Isabella," Elenor called out.