Arc 2: Chapter 38

The designer the marchioness chose kept coming every few days to measure her and made her try on the dress before leaving in a hurry to continue finishing the dress. Other than that, nothing exciting happened.

But Isabella did send Elenor a letter thanking her for helping her out of the cell. So did the other ladies who were trapped there as well. Elenor was more impressed by the fact Isabella actually did send her a letter especially since she despised her but nonetheless, she accepted the letter and thanks.

Ever since the kidnapping incident happened, Elenor decided that she needed to improve her physical strength and stamina. This body was slightly sluggish despite being very thin. And so, everyday she has been exercising, trying to improve her strength so she could fight back if anything happens to her.

"Milady you should stop now and take a break," she heard Alec speaking to her as she finished her run around the estate.

Alec handed her a towel which she accepted and wiped her sweat off. He handed her some refreshments as well as a light snack. She thanked him and accepted everything, finishing everything fast.

"I still need to do more before I can call it a day. Wow this drink is really refreshing!" she exclaimed happily.

"I will protect you." Alec spoke in a serious tone.

Elenor blinked at him before smiling, "I know but it would be good if I could still fend for myself,"

Alec nodded and said nothing else. Elenor continued her training while Alec kept an eye on her the whole time. When she finished her training, a maid walked over to where she was at. The maid had a worried look on her face which brought attention to Elenor.

"What's wrong?" Elenor asked, wiping her face with the towel Alec provided.

"Lady Isabella is here to visit.." the maid spoke.

Elenor frowned, confused as to why Isabella had suddenly showed up at her estate without any enquiries about visiting.

"...Let her into one of the waiting rooms. I will be there soon,"

"Yes Lady Elenor." the maid bowed and left, following her orders.

Elenor then headed back to her room to get changed before arriving at the waiting room where Isabella was waiting in. Alec opened the door for her and she walked in. She glanced over at Isabella who had been waiting for her.

"About time you came," Isabella sighed, flicking her hair away from her face.

Elenor's mouth twitched but she did a small courtesy bow. "Thank you for coming over Lady Isabella but I do wish you would send a letter about your arrival,"

"I wasn't planning on coming..." she mumbled but it reached Elenor's ears.

Elenor raised an eyebrow, wondering why she decided to come over if she didn't even want to. Isabella looked down at her teacup, gritting her teeth.

"I.."

"...?" Elenor calmly waited for what Isabella wanted to say.

"I just wanted to thank you properly!"

"....What?"

Did she hear her wrongly? She must have, there's no way Isabella would personally show up to the marquess manor for this.

"I thought sending a letter wasn't good enough.."

Elenor's jaw nearly dropped wide open. She didn't hear her wrong! She really showed up here to thank her!

Shakily, she questioned Isabella, "Are..are you not sick?"

Isabella's face flushed red, "Wh- of course not!?"