Arc 1: Chapter 11

It's been a few weeks since Elenor's encounter with Lloyd. She still didn't know the reason for the sudden change in attitude towards her but decided to brush it off, thinking it was no big deal since it was a small encounter.

She heard from her parents about a hunting event which will be held in two weeks. It is a one day event where knights and noblemen could attend. Ladies are allowed to watch and give their support to their fiance or any man they fancied.

"Brother are you planning on going?" Elenor asked while they were having dinner.

He shook his head, "I have work so I won't be able to attend. Elenor isn't planning to go right?"

"I'm sure Elenor would rather stay at home since his highness almost never attends the hunting events."

Her ears perked up at what her father had said. His highness doesn't attend? Then she shall go!

"Hm I'm planning on going though."

"So sudden?" her mother gasped.

Elenor nodded, "Many ladies around my age would be going since our coming-of-age is just next year."

Richard stared at her with gloomy eyes, "Why is it when I can't attend you want to go? Do you dislike me that much?"

Elenor had a troubled look on her face, "Of course not brother. In fact I wished you were able to attend so I could give you a handmade embroidered handkerchief."

His eyes grew bigger with a gloomier look as if he was about to burst into tears, "You're making a handmade embroidered handkerchief?! The world hates me..." he muttered to himself as he ate his food, dejectedly. She patted his back trying to cheer him up but it didn't work.

After dinner, she told one of the maids to prepare embroidery threads and a plain white handkerchief.

"Is there a reason you are going to the hunting event?" Alec asked once he closed the doors to her room.

Elenor nodded, "I don't truly know the outside world other than the palace, the residence and the town. So going there will give me more knowledge and plus many ladies attend the event. I can get a lot of gossip and extra information."

Averting her eyes away from Alec she mumbled to herself, "And maybe there's good looking guys there."

"It's like watching a whole drama unfolding! Oh! What if it's like those types of dramas on the television? How exciting!"

"Drama? Television?"

"Yes drama!" she nodded enthusiastically,

"Imagine at the hunting grounds, a knight succeeded in capturing the prize and kneels down on one knee for the lady he loves! Every lady will for sure be jealous at the lady who had gotten the confession from the winner of the hunt!"

Elenor was squealing and had a wide smile on her face as she got lost in her imagination. Alec stared at her with a judgemental look before shaking his head.

"I truly do not understand what goes through your mind."

She laughed and winked at Alec, "Isn't that the fun part?"

"No it's the tiring part."

"Shut it Alec."

The maid she had asked, came in and handed her everything she had requested before leaving once again. She stared at the handkerchief before looking up at Alec.

"What do people usually embroider on the handkerchief?"

"Flowers usually."

She shot an aloof expression at Alec, "Eh so boring. Anything else?"