Chapter 15

"Whatever your saying doesn't explain the decrease in the curve, its not doing well, the product is clearly making a loss."

"As it should Mrs Kwon."

"Excuse me." The woman said, slightly raising her voice, anger presented in her face. The other twenty one members presented for the meeting sat in silence except for Namjoon who swiveled in his chair at the head of the table, constantly tapping on the table with his pen. He eyed the omega at the other end of the table, the light from the projector he was presenting on reflecting on his face, Namjoon thought he looked ethereal, glowing almost.

He watched keenly as the omega gripped tightly to the folder on his hand, he was clearly getting angry over Mrs Kwon's constant input, she rudely interrupted, stating another alternative on everything the omega was suggesting. She was one of the senior board members Namjoon hadn't replaced yet, she was clearly trying to exert dominance over the younger staff, which she had declared inexperienced, and Seokjin wasn't on his luck today as he reported on a project he had taken charge of when he started.

Namjoon was surprised the omega didn't cave in to the woman's demands or cower at her glaring, he fought back, facts rolling off his tongue like he had practiced them in his sleep. He was clearly invested in the project and determined to not let it go down the drain despite Kwon's efforts.

"The graph is only a mere estimation of what we all expected, its normal to miss the target, its basically the foundation of any product.
Now I am aware we missed by quite a large gap, but we're working on it, the product as you know is a bit complicated, the engineering is complex and that's the good thing about it, that when we finally reach the target audience its gonna blow, and we have the consumer feedback we sampled to back that up. They love it."

The omega addressed the members. He met the Alpha's gaze on the other side of the table, body leaned back on his swivel chair, gaze unreadable as usual.

"We've put a lot of effort, time, but mostly resources in this, if we take it off the market will be making more loss. What it needs is a little time." Seokjin said mostly to the alpha knowing he had the power to grant him what he wanted.

"We don't have time Mr. Kim." Namjoon noted, at the corner of his eyes he could see Mrs Kwon silently cheering, while the omega's eyes dim in disappointment. Namjoon didn't have the power to call the final shot despite being the CEO, but he did have the power to chose if they would give it time, or cast a vote to decide.

"However, I do think your right, a lot of effort has been put into this, we have some top investors backing this too, will give it time for now, make it your top priority." He finished standing from his chair to leave. He watched as the omega took in a deep breath in relief.

It was nice to see him catch a break. The omega was clearly on edge of late, Namjoon wasn't sure what the reason was, but things were clearly different between them, they hadn't spoken about them again, the omega seamed to have forgotten, or rather just dismissed it. They were back on first name basis. It was like they took three steps back, they might as well have been back to the starting line.

Namjoon wasn't any better, he wanted to know why, why Seokjin seemed angry at him, why he was avoiding him, did he really regret their little encounter that much. His wolf especially was the most affected, it tried to conceal an injured pride, that an omega had finally refused him with a tough front, and little bit of arrogance too.

Namjoon walked into his office, Wendy after him. "You have guests."

"Guests?" he wasn't expecting anyone out of business today, and he didn't accept unscheduled meet ups either.

"Who is it?"

"Your parents, they are in the lounge, they said they would wait till you were done with the meeting."