Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

14| Exes And New Friends

CARTER

It was a regular morning. As soon as I entered the elevator, my eyes fell on Faith standing in a corner, scrolling on her mobile screen. Her hair was tied in a ponytail, with a few locks framing her face. She was wearing a red silk blouse with black pants that accentuated her long legs.

"Good morning," I said as I went to the opposite corner. She lifted her head to look at me and a frown appeared on her forehead.

"What happened to your hair?" she asked.

I stared into the mirror at the top of the door to check what she meant but couldn't find anything. "What?" I asked her.

"It is a mess," she replied.

"Oh no, it's not a mess. It took me fifteen minutes to create this just-out-of-bed look." I cleared.

Rolling her eyes, she walked towards me. "We have a meeting and I am not letting you enter the conference room with that hair. Lower your head."

I did as she said. Once I bowed my head, she extended her hand and ran her fingers through my hair, setting it in an orderly manner. She was standing too close to me and I could practically smell her perfume. A blush crept up my cheeks at her gentle touch and I looked away before I could embarrass myself.

"That's better," she said and walked back to her initial position.

Shaking my head to clear these thoughts, I briefed her about her schedule today. We left the elevator and she walked towards her office while I made my way to Sasha's desk. I hadn't talked to her since that club night and I wanted to make sure if she was upset with me for leaving earlier.

"It's fine, you don't have to worry. In fact, I'm glad you took her home. You are a good man, Pierce." She smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled. "So, are we good?"

"Perfect." She chuckled. "We can hang out some other day."

"Sure. In fact, why don't you come to my apartment whenever you are free? We can watch a movie or something," I offered.

"Sounds like a good plan." She smiled and her dimple deepened.

"I am waiting, Carter." Faith's voice reached my ears. Turning my head, I found her standing near the hallway, glaring at me with narrowed eyes. Saying good bye to Sasha, I rushed towards her and muttered an apology.

"Flirt in your free time," she grumbled.

"I wasn't flirting with her," I said as I followed her footsteps.

"I bet you weren't," she said.

"I wasn't," I said. "She is just a friend."

"Whatever," she said, and I rolled my eyes at her stupid assumptions.

•••••••••••

We had been in a meeting for an hour now. There was a group of old, sexist men gathered around the conference table and asking unnecessary questions that you wouldn't ask if it was a man standing there. But Faith responded to each of their concerns in an authoritative manner, leaving no room for discussion.

There was something about her strong and dominating personality that made her sexier. You couldn't help but stare at her in awe, which was just what I was doing right now.

Once the meeting ended, she confidently made her way out of the conference room and I followed her silently. I handed her the brief notes of today's meeting and then informed her about tomorrow's schedule.

icon lock

Show your support for 🌟MAHUM🌟, and continue reading this story

by 🌟MAHUM🌟
@mahumwrites
Carter thought he knew what he was getting into when he was hired as...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 39 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @mahumwrites.