Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

13| How To Deal With A Narcissist

CARTER

With a large burrito in one hand and beer in the other, I was watching reruns of Seinfeld on television when my phone suddenly started ringing. A groan left my mouth when my eyes fell on the name of my boss on the mobile screen. Putting the burrito aside, I picked up the phone and answered it.

"Be at my apartment in exactly an hour," she stated in her signature voice.

"Wait," I said in confusion. "Are... Are you going to fire me? I swear I didn't take a peek when I was changing your clothes. What other proof do you need?"

"I am not firing you, idiot." Her annoyed voice came from the other side of the phone. "Be here. We have some work to do."

"But it's Sunday," I mumbled under my breath, staring at my ragged clothes. "I could have other plans."

"Do you have any plans?" she asked.

"No, but..."

"Figured." Saying this, she cut the call, leaving no room for an argument.

Well, here goes nothing.

•••••••••••

Exactly an hour later, I was standing in front of the door of Faith's penthouse, waiting for someone to open up the door. It was Nina who opened the door and let me in. Passing through the hallway, I glanced at myself in appreciation because there was no way to tell I was wearing five year old pyjamas an hour ago.

Once I reached the lounge where Faith was sitting, I ran my fingers through my hair and coughed to make her aware of my presence.

"I hope you know working on Sundays wasn't in my job description," I said.

"Do you really think once you will be running your own company, you'll get to spend a relaxing weekend?" she asked sarcastically.

"So you called me here to give me a reality check?" I asked.

"No, I have better things to do. I called you here because we are having dinner with a potential investor, Rafael Salvatore," she said as she handed me over a file. "Read it while I get ready."

As I saw his picture on the first page of the file, I got a weird vibe from it. He looked like one of those playboy billionaires who changed girls like bedsheets. "He looks like a douche-bag," I commented.

"Because he is; not to mention, a complete narcissist. That's why we are going to woo him," she said, plastering a fake smile on her face.

"How?" I asked.

"Just sit back and observe," she said as she walked back to her room.

While she was gone, I gave the whole file a read to get to know a little about this man we were going to meet. He was a Spanish businessman known for his lavish lifestyle and the flock of girls around him. He had his shares in many hotels and companies in America and was one of the most sought-out investors. 

I was busy reading about him when the doorbell rang, and few seconds later, Nina brought the guy in. He was tall and lean, with a few blond highlights peeking out of his dark hair that probably went out of fashion a decade ago. Everything about him, from his expensive sunglasses to his black branded suit, screamed trouble.

Putting the file aside, I reached him and extended my hand out. "Mr. Salvatore, Miss Becker will be out soon. I'm her secretary, Carter."

Instead of shaking my hand, he took off his coat and slung it over my arm. "I don't want any creases on it," he said in his thick accent and walked past me.