Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

12| Someone Old

FAITH

Shifting in my sleep, I groaned as I felt a heavy weight on me. Something was crushing me, something heavy and masculine but I was unable to open my eyes due to the pounding veins in my head. My mind went blank as I tried to remember where I was or what happened in the club last night.

After a lot of effort, I succeeded in opening my eyes and a sigh of relief left my mouth when I found the familiar ceiling hanging over me. But the relief didn't last long. My insides twisted in panic when the arm around me tightened.

Shit.

My eyes slowly travelled upwards from the muscular arm that was holding me in place to the face of my probable one night stand. And when I recognized the familiar sharp jaw and plump lips, the panic heightened.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

"Carter," I slowly jerked him.

"Hmm." He mumbled and snuggled deeper into me. The fruity scent of his shampoo filled my nose and I stilled. His face was inches away from me and I couldn't help but feel fuzzy because of the way his rough stubble was grazing against my skin.

There was one little ray of sunshine though; he was fully clothed and I could feel my undergarments as well. So there was a small chance that nothing happened last night.

"Carter!" I said a little loudly this time and he finally decided to move, letting me breathe a little.

He shifted in his position and lifted his head, adjusting to the bright light coming through the window. He blinked his sleepy green eyes a few times and when they finally landed on me, a surprised gasp left his mouth.

There were only a few inches between our faces and I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. For some reason, his eyes held me captive and I couldn't look away, even if I wanted to.

"Sorry. I must have moved here in my sleep," he said, shifting to a sitting position. I did the same and stretched my arms over my head, ignoring my pounding head. The whole time, Carter's heated gaze remained on me.

"What exactly are you doing in my house?" I asked.

"Don't you remember?"

"No. The last thing I remember was chugging a lot of tequila," I replied.

"I saved you from a guy. He was trying to take advantage of you," he said, running his fingers through the mess that his hair was.

"Wow. So kind of you," I sarcastically rolled my eyes and hopped off the bed. Carter's eyes travelled down my body and that's when I noticed my appearance in the mirror. I was wearing an old nightgown that barely covered the pair of lingerie I was wearing.

"Wait, did you change me in this?" I asked in surprise.

"Um..." He gulped and let out a small cough to clear his throat. "I... Your clothes were covered in vomit."

"Carter, tell me you are kidding." I glared. He was struggling hard to keep his eyes from wandering below my neck.

"I swear I didn't look," he whispered.

"I bet you didn't," I said and walked out of the room, ignoring his small steps behind me.

"Listen. I didn't—"

"Can't you hear the doorbell ringing?" I cast an annoyed glance at Nina who was busy preparing my omelet. "And you, I think you should leave." I turned my attention back to Carter.

His sharp jaw clenched at this. "Listen, if it helps, I'm sorry for saving you from that stupid guy and I'm sorry for changing you out of that stinking dress. But I would do it again if I had to," he said without a hint of repent in his voice.