Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

11| The Things You Put Me Through

CARTER

"Wow. This place is amazing," one of my colleagues, John, said as he gulped the beer. "Who knew we would be spending our Friday night in one of the most exclusive clubs in the city?"

"It's not a big deal. My cousin is friends with the owner so he helped me get the membership card," I said and tipped the waitress.

When Faith gave me the evening off, I told everyone that I'd be joining them to their night out and it was my treat. Now, all eight of us were sitting in a corner booth, drinking beers, eating cheeseburgers and gossiping about work.

"How come you can afford a membership on an assistant's salary? Your parents must be loaded," he asked with curiosity, and I just shrugged sheepishly.

"Don't tell me you guys don't know?" Sasha interfered. "Our friend Carter here is Christian Pierce's son."

"Wait. The Christian Pierce?" Garrett asked.

"The one and only," I replied in an unenthusiastic manner. I hated talking about my family because whenever I told everyone, people got reserved and started considering me a spoiled brat.

"Then why do you bear the She-Devil when you can work with your father?" John asked. "Why suffer like us?"

"Let's not ruin our night by talking about work, we have the whole week for that." I changed the topic so I wouldn't have to explain the same thing to someone for the millionth time. Thankfully, nobody pestered anymore and they all changed the topic of their conversation to the club.

"Dude, there is a stripper pole." Nathan glanced at the opposite corner of our booth where a woman dressed in black lingerie was doing a strip dance.

"Dude, you have a girlfriend," Polly, his girlfriend, smacked him on the back of his head and the rest of us started laughing.

The loud sound of music echoed in our ears as we finished the beers and ordered another round. All of us were laughing at a joke Sasha had cracked when Nathan said, "Guys, look."

"I swear Nathan, if you point at another stripper again, I'll—"

"No, look. It's Faith," he said, and my eyes immediately drifted to the dance floor following his finger.

There she was, on the dance floor, dressed up like a dream. She was wearing a tight, nude dress that reached her thighs and the rest of her legs were out there on display. The dress hugged each and every contour of her body, making her look irresistible.

But then I noticed the guy behind her. She was swaying her hips with her back towards the guy while his hands took advantage of her inebriated state. I was pretty sure if Faith was sober right now, she would have kicked that man in his jewels for entering her personal space.

"Someone should capture this scene and post it on the office's wall," Josh joked and I rolled my eyes.

"We should give Miss Perfect a dose of her own medicine," someone else added.

"Okay, that's enough. She is clearly not in her wits. We should go help her," I suggested.

"I think we should leave her alone. She probably won't appreciate our intrusion," Sasha replied.

"Yeah, besides, and I am going to quote this as nicely as possible, that bitch be crazy," Nathan added and the rest of them ended up laughing. Well, everyone except me because I was too busy glaring at that guy.

"Well, I am not going to let that guy take advantage of her just because she is occasionally mean to us," I said in an annoyed voice and made my way to the dance floor.