→CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Start from the beginning

Taking a look at the seat behind her, there he was, Karma Akabane. Doing nothing but rolling up the sleeves of his top while yawning, waiting for the exams to start just like the rest of the class. And just like every single time, his eyes meet hers halfway. 

But before Karma could even get a read on her, Riku quickly turned away, the girl rolled her shoulders back before closing her eyes and then silently manifesting to herself -- imagining a prayer circle around her body, encouraging herself to do better.

She has to do better.

The girl was too busy praying and concentrating that she didn't even notice Ritsu's human replacement sitting somewhere on the far left of the classroom.

Just then, their supervisor -- a wrinkly ugly old man -- entered the space, with a cocky quirk of his eyebrow, he sneered down at everyone, clearly displaying his distaste at such dirt stepping into the forbidden main campus. As if he was disgusted with the fact that these kids were even given the chance to take the exam.

Everyone settled, and their silence was the only thing they could hear.

They aren't worthy enough, the supervisor thinks with a frown, they won't even be able to pass, they're all nothing but hopeless cases now.

"Alright, you damn brats, quiet down!" The man had the feel to scold the Class E kids despite them being as noiseless as damn mice. "We're starting now." He growled as he started to pass down the test papers.

But just before Riku could grab hers, the teacher grabbed her wrist, making her look up at him. "Wait. Not you." The man said before letting go of her wrist and getting the paper from the student in front of her (who was Chiba) and then giving the last of the paper to Karma.

Everyone started to share looks of confusion, wondering what the hell is going on and why Riku was stopped from taking the exam. 

Before Riku could complain, however, the teacher placed another set of papers on the lavender head's desk. This made Riku arch a perfected eyebrow, "What is this, sensei?" Riku tried to ask nicely.

All of her classmates were watching her now.

Riku's face scrunched up in confusion as she looked down. It was her English test papers, so why...?

"There's been a change." The teacher said, and Riku caught the bite in his voice. A dark shadow was cast on the man's face as the white of his eyes turned red. "The Director had heard from his son that you and the Young Asano had made a little gamble."

Riku's eyes widened. He didn't...

Everyone, and especially the teacher supervising them had caught Riku's slight change of expression. And the teacher couldn't help but smile menacingly at the girl, "So the Director took it upon himself to create your test questions."

Badump.

Badump.

Badump.

Badump.

Riku wanted to tear Asano's face off with her bare hands, was that okay?