→CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

—

RIKU THINKS VERY HIGHLY OF ISOGAI, although, she'd rather be caught dead than say that or anything relatively close to that -- out loud. She had an image to keep up, after all.

Not to everyone's knowledge, but she respects him a lot, which is why she voted for him as their male class representative at the beginning of the school year. 

He was well-knowledgeable in the field of social studies, an expert in socialization and friendliness, a diligent student, and a good classmate who was much admired not only in the End Class but in the entire school campus. Not only was he all that, but he was a great son too. Seeing how he only ended up in Class E due to the fact that he was caught with a part-time job -- which he only has applied for because his financial and familial situation calls for it.

Riku did not bother herself to wonder how Asano and his little minion squad of followers managed to find out about Isogai's new part-time job, all she cared about now was the fact that Asano managed to take advantage of the situation and sickenly turn the tables on them using Isogai's lifestyle as some sort of blackmail.

The young lavender head let out a sigh. As if cornering them like that could stop the End Class, just like that.

Asano was definitely suspicious, but with no further confirmation, it was safe for Riku to agree that, yes -- the students of the End Class were no longer the bottom food of Kunugigaoka's twisted ecosystem.

They were no longer lowly looked upon animals that were constantly preyed on.

Now, they were wolves in sheep's clothing -- only able to move forward with Koro-sensei's teachings, Karasuma and Irina's assistance in both class and assassination, and notably: Isogai and Kataoka's leadership.

Everyone's eyes that watched them with pity, disgrace, and ignorance now transformed slowly into looks of intimidation, fear, wary, and curiosity -- and dare does Riku say respect.

"Pole-- What now?" Kayano asked Sugino. The usual group of friends consisted once again of Riku, Karma, Nagisa, Kayano, and Sugino -- with the additional presence of Kanzaki and Okusda from time to time sat down together for lunch.

Karma and Riku sat diagonally across from each other, the two doing their own things as they listened in.

Riku flipped to another page of her textbook, highlighter, and pen in between the fingers of her left hand as she used her chopsticks to eat the deep-friend shrimp prepared by her mother with her right.

No one questioned why Riku was studying English from a completely different textbook for a completely different level for a completely different curriculum. They simply assumed that it was their resident genius gamer going infinite and beyond once again with her studies, especially with midterms right around the corner.