→CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

—

"SO, YOU AND ASANO-SAN, MADE YOUR OWN BET?" Nakamura asked, the blonde's eyebrows were furrowed as she crossed her arms in her seat. "Why?"

It was a few days after the examinations, and everyone -- including Class 3-E's faculty -- is in the classroom, listening to Riku's encounter with the younger Asano while waiting for their results. Riku sitting in her seat, fiddling with the pen in her hands as she finally revealed to everyone what had happened.

"Yeah," Kataoka placed her arm on the back of her seat. "Didn't he already made a bet with us? Class A vs Class E?  Why did he have to go out of his way and cause you such trouble?"

"And what did he have against you that made you agree to that cocky son of a bitch?" Terasaka was about to say more when Riku glared his way. The girl hissed out, "That cocky son of a bitch managed to pick up clues about this damn assassination. He was onto us." Riku looked at Karasuma straight in the eye when she said that.

"If you win, you get to keep Koro-sensei and whatever Asano-san has on you a secret," Nagisa muttered out, his pointer finger on his chin as he looked up to the ceiling with a thoughtful look on his face. "But if Asano-san will be the one to appear victorious--"

"I have to spill the beans, everything out on the open, and he gets me expelled." Riku finished.

"But that's not faiiiiiir," Kayano whined, then she pouted. "The favors were against you!"

Riku shrugged her shoulders. "But would you rather have me say no?" Kayano stood silent, making the gamer continue to say, "Exactly. It wasn't exactly a deal I couldn't refuse. It's because it's a lose-lose situation that I had to say yes."

The whole classroom became silent, Karasuma and Irina stood at the side, and Koro-sensei has yet to come back with the results. (The yellow octopus insisted, but the students figured he did that to avoid Karasuma's wrath of almost being found out and having one of his students place in school on the line .)

Irina eyed her colleague warily, growing a bit worried about the stress marks lined on his forehead as he continued to think deeply.

"Still," Okuda said meekly, "Why did he have to personally contact you and make a private bet when he already had one with all of us?"

Looking towards her right, Karma's eyes searched hers, looking for any sign of discomfort or hesitance, but there was none, only an emotionless trail of amethysts and diamonds. Since when did you get so good at hiding your emotions, Riku? Karma silently asked himself.

Suddenly, Okajima piped into the conversation, a huge smile on his face. "WAS HE PERHAPS THREATENED BY US?"

But Riku immediately shot that idea down, "No, he didn't say so. It was only until I took the test did I realize why he created such a hassle."