→CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

—

SEVEN YEARS LATER.

Riku Akiyama, a freshly turned 22-year-old, stared at the tall skyscrapers and million-dollar worth buildings that surrounded her newly built office. After skipping a few years...Well, completely skipping high school and going to college, taking a few more years working under her father, Riku has finally -- with the help of her parents' money and some old...connections, of course -- finally had a building for herself.

Her Gamer's Guide was officially open for business.

It hasn't even been a few months since the young woman left her dad's company and she already had opened her very own under her name. With much preparation and assistance of course, which she was grateful for.

Dressed formally with her pastel-blue slacks and white buttoned-up polo, Riku let her now shoulder-length hair, down. Drink in hand as she let herself bask in small glory, mentally patting herself on the back for a job well done -- she was finally finished with phase one on her pathway to sweet success.

Every victory, big or small, should be valued and appreciated. Hence, the cold liquor that is in her hand now.

"Miss Akiyama." The young CEO turned around at the call of her last name.

"Ah, Genevieve, good morning,"  Riku looked up at the digital clock on her wall. 09:30 AM. "Right on time."

Her secretary bowed a full 90 degrees before turning on her tab and reading out its content. Despite being new and this being her first job, the latter did this automatically, automated, almost, as if Genevieve did this a thousand times before.

Quick to adapt. Which is one of the reasons why Riku chose to hire her.

"100 Thieves has agreed to invest, and their management team head alongside Nadeshot will be here around 11 AM or so for the contract signing. And right after, you have another meeting with Corpse for arrangements of him hand modeling your console collection release this October. Virtually, of course." As Genevieve recited today's schedule out loud, Riku took a seat on her lavender-colored customized gaming chair and began to go over documents and sign them, while simultaneously listening to her secretary.

"How about that Twitch streamer, Tinker?" Riku momentarily looked up at Genevieve before her eyes went back to her documents. "Has he agreed to sign under us?"

Genevieve's reply came not even a moment after. "He says that he is still thinking things through. It seems like we are not the only company that sees his potential."

A pause from Riku. "Give me the contract that we have written out for him, please. I have to see what I can offer better."

"Yes, miss." Genevieve took another glance at her tablet. "Your therapist just emailed. You haven't met her at all last week and is hoping to see you later this afternoon if you are free."