→ CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

—

BEFORE RIKU AND KARMA HAD THEIR TALK...

"Let's step back for a second," Riku sat comfortably, as always, while she paid attention to Takebayashi up front. "Are the world's leaders really only thinking about killing Koro-sensei?"

Actually, everyone was paying close attention to the guy's words. Knowing that it was hard for him to speak up in front of everyone like this. And that he was one of the class' smartest in the aspect of Science. 

Especially, in the branch of Chemistry.

"I don't think so," Takebayashi said. "After all, their primary goal has always been to save Earth."

"Along with their research into killing him, they must be doing research into alternate methods too. Why don't we check up on that?" Takebayashi suggested.

Riku held back her tongue, not wanting to disrupt the class. After all, (so far) no one knows that Riku held some essential information of her own -- using her familial connections to her aid.

Why she was holding back the information was a question with an unknown answer.

Plus, if the government did have other methods, they'd want to kill Koro-sensei because it was the quickest option.

Riku breathed out through her nose before straightening her back. She just decided to respect her classmates' decision of saving Koro-sensei and gave it all she got like always-- even when the end result is something that she was sure was inevitable.

You might think cruel of Riku, but the lavender head girl tried to think things through. Over and over again. Pulling all-nighters to create more strategies centered around multiple possibilities about this damn assassination more than she did with her actual schoolwork. 

Only to come out more hopeless than ever.

Thus, the Riku now decided on one thing.

Steel herself, grit her teeth and go through with it. 

"Indeed, the world's top science facilities have formed project teams focused on saving the planet." Karasuma agreed with Takebayashi's words. "But naturally, that info is all top-secret."

"It will be difficult for you to find out what they're studying." Riku stopped her eyes from rolling at her mentor and teacher. Obviously.

But then...Riku side-eyes a certain AI not far from her, just in time to see Ritsu perk up and say: "I've gained access to the project database!"