→CHAPTER FIVE

—

"KARMA!"

A scream of pure horror escaped Riku's mouth as she and Nagisa raced to the edge of the cliff, to the spot where Karma's body once stood.

"OH MY GOD!" Riku watched as Karma fell, her eyes are stricken with terror. "Koro-sensei save him!"

Riku and Nagisa turned their heads only to find a yellow blur of Koro-sensei's body. Speeding away to save his student in a way that won't end his own life as well. How? Riku didn't know how, nor she didn't have the time to think of an answer.

Nagisa held Riku by the shoulders, "Don't worry. Koro-sensei won't let anything happen to him. We both know that."

Riku didn't reply. She didn't hear him.

She didn't know what to do. HER BEST FRIEND IS FALLING TO HIS DEATH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

"Akiyama-chan. Open your eyes."

The girl didn't even notice that her eyes were shut tight in the first place. Her eyes fluttered open, revealing a set of glittering violet-blue eyes that were filled with unshed tears.

She looked up to Nagisa who smiled at her softly, rubbing her back in circles with his hands. The dude was oddly comforting.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him in confusion. After all, Karma and he are friends, right? From what she remembered. So why isn't he showing any kind of scared emotions like her? Isn't he feeling terrified that he might lose a friend?

The blue head simply looked down, "Look."

Riku furrowed her eyebrows even more. Why was he smiling? 

Slowly, the lavender-head looked down, scared of what happened. Was Koro-sensei able to save him? Is he okay? Is he alive? Riku gulped. Is he...Is he...

But then, she lets out a deep breath of relief. Sitting back as she tried to calm herself down, she was shaking, she realized as she clutched her trembling hands to her chest. Blinking her tears away, the image of Karma laying in Koro-sensei's tentacle arms (that were somehow, someway shaped into a spider net), alive was enough for Riku to relax.

He's okay.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew past them along with a yellow blur. The two classmates lifted their bodies off the ground and turned around to face the newly arrived Koro-sensei and Karma Akabane - who just got off the teacher's arms.