Chapter 12

I woke up still exhausted and aching from last night's outing. I was about to just lay back in bed before I realized I had a date with Logan later today. So I got up to get ready for school. I sniffed my arm and cringed at the smell of dirt and mold. I grabbed a towel and got in the shower. The hot water felt good on my sore muscles.

I got out of the shower and toweled off. I walked over to the sink, after wrapping the towel around me, to brush my teeth. Before I grabbed my toothbrush I noticed bruising on my face where Enervate had punched me. Luckily it wasn't as dark as the one on mine stomach thanks to my mask, but it was still obvious. I couldn't let anyone see it, especially not Logan. It would raise too many questions.

After brushing my teeth and getting dressed, I walked back up to the mirror with a makeup kit in hand. I barely used makeup since my mom never had a chance to teach me, and I didn't have time to teach myself. I looked down at the video on my phone and got ready to learn.

☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

The makeup actually came out to look pretty good, but I missed the bus because of it. I walked into second period with a note from the attendance office. Mr. Wilson my AP English teacher looked at the note and motioned me to my seat. Most people didn't really take note of my makeup except one of the girls who sat next to me.

"You're wearing makeup? Doesn't really suit someone like you. It's almost like you have a date." Jennifer, one of the cheerleaders, said to me. Usually I was able to stay off her radar but I guess the makeup did make me stand out more than usual.

"Actually yes, I do have a date" I told her, keeping myself from sounding too smug about it.

"Probably with some geek boy from the chess team" She snickered and her friends giggled quietly. I thought about how to respond for a moment.

"He plays lacrosse not chess" I told her and then pulled out my English note book.

"Even Craig is out of your league" Jennifer retorted. Craig was the least popular of the lacrosse players. Well that was a nice way of putting it. Craig was a bit creepy.

"Your boyfriend would cheat on you if didn't put out for one night" I pointed out.

"You bit-" Jennifer began.

"Girls! Enough! One more sound from either of you and you'll be spending your free time in detention." Mr. Wilson yelled.

We were annoyed but we didn't say another word. I ignored the few times Jennifer stared daggers into me and just focused on taking notes. I was still a bit nervous about the upcoming date. I didn't know what I should wear and didn't have time to check this morning. Not that I had a lot of variety when it came to date wear.

The rest of the day was forgotten due to anticipation and I found myself on the bus. I was reading a text from Logan.

"I'll pick you up at 6:30?" Logan's text read.

"I don't know your address" He texted again after realizing.

I texted him the address and told him that 6:30 was good. I was excited and nervous as the bus stopped at the corner of my street. I had around 3 hours till Logan would show up, which was plenty of time to pick out something to wear. I greeted Willy who was busy changing one of the lobby's lightbulbs. As I climbed the stairs I cursed the owners for not fixing the elevator that was broken when I moved in 2 years ago. Luckily for me I only had to use the stairs during the day.

I entered my apartment and hung up my coat on the hanger connected to my door. I set my bag against the kitchen counter and headed to my room. I opened up my closet and started going through my tops. What do you wear on a dinner first date? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and searched it up. Most of the Idea were either for working women or included stuff I didn't own. I set my phone down and decided to think for myself.