Chapter 9

Wednesday morning I was walking to the school's paper's room like usual. The school's furnace wasn't quite enough to beat the morning chill, so the hallways were cool and most students hadn't put away their coats yet. Down the hallway I heard a crash and some yelling. I looked up and saw that Logan's friend Allen had pushed some kid up against a locker. I didn't take Allen for the bullying type. Suddenly I saw the kid run forward and push Allen into the locker on the other side of the hallway. Allen must of bullied the wrong kid this time. Students started to take interest in the fight and Allen was slammed into the lockers again.

After Allen kneed the poor guy's family jewels and pushed him away, I noticed something off about the guy. The guy didn't seem to be in his right mind. With eyes crazed and murderous, he charged but Allen dodged with surprising ease. I subtly raised my hand and tried to calm the kid but whatever was messing with his mind was strong. I looked up as a locker door flew by Allen as he rolled out of its path. I stepped back and looked at the locker missing a door. The strength required to do that in such a short time span was not normal.

Allen blocked a punch with the locker door. The messed up kid actually dented the locker door with a punch. The people around me were entertained with the fight and even one of the freshmen English teachers was watching. I turned back to the fight just as the guy slammed into the ground. Allen slid down the lockers exhausted, but actually handled himself really well in that fight.

Two cops shoved past me, I recognized them as the police officers who are often posted outside the school in the morning and afternoon. They yelled at Allen before escorting him out of the building in handcuffs. Mr. Bradshire walked into the crowd and he ordered everyone to disperse and head to class. I quickly opened up my locker and put away my coat and backpack before heading to class.

☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

Students were talking about the fight in class. They were talking about Allen's quick moves.

"Does lacrosse teach you to fight like that?" Some guy asked stupidly.

"I wish, I remember Allen mentioning that he takes Kung Fu" A lacrosse member answered.

Mr. Ghery entered the classroom and set his planner down on his desk.

"Save your gossip for the halls" he said before pulling up a civil war slideshow on the board. I thought back to the fight and wondered what was wrong with that kid. I hoped, that whatever it was, that BlueKane or Kid Focus could handle it. I had Enervate and his gang to handle already.

After first period I saw Logan on his phone in the hallway looking concerned. I walked up to him and could feel his worry.

"Are you ok Logan?" I asked concerned. He looked up.

"Oh Cara, yeah it's just my bro Allen got arrested this morning" Logan explained.

"I saw the fight," I said, "he actually didn't get hurt" I left out Allen getting slammed into a locker. I also used my power to try to calm his nerves.

"I just hope he isn't gonna have to spend the night in a cell." Logan said.

"I'm pretty sure they'll realize he was only defending himself" I assured Logan.

"Yeah you're right" He agreed. Logan grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"After what happened today I was gonna wait to ask you, but, do you maybe wanna go to dinner tomorrow if you're not busy" Logan asked me.

My lack of dating experience betrayed me and I started to blush.

"Um, I think I'm free tomorrow, the Black & White isn't much of an after school activity" I told him.