Chapter 5

"Miss Jones! Wake up" Mrs. Sanduska said. I sat up with a jolt. I got absolutely no sleep last night. "Ugh, I'm sorry Mrs. Sanduska, it won't happen again." I said. "It better not" she said. I could hear a few students snicker at me. I was glad it was Friday, because I was exhausted. I yawned and sat up straight. By the time I got home last night I only had an hour until I had to wake up for school. The bell rung and I headed out to go to lunch. I grabbed a sandwich from the cafeteria and went to go eat it in the Black & White. I walked into the nicely sized room and sat down at one of the computers. No one else seemed to be in here but me. I logged onto the computer and opened Docs. I began to write about the stolen pencils, and I uploaded the picture of Jason Dullen as the articles eye catcher. I was able to finish the article before lunch was over, so I sent it to Wendy's email so she can approve it and put it in next week's publication. I finished the last bite of my sandwich before leaving the Black & White and grabbing my precalculus book from my locker.

After the bell rung I walked into my precalculus class and sat down. "Precal kills me" I could hear a classmate groan. I brought out my notebook and finished the homework that was due today. Precal is literally the king of hell, I mean homework. I got a notification from the Fortdale Daily News. It was about an abandoned factory that burned down unexpectedly. Well I guess the BlueKane actually did it. It says that the fire killed a Yellow Jacket, I wondered if the BlueKane had ever killed someone before. I was about to pull up an article from yesterday, but then the bell rung so I put my phone away. We did class work the entire class, before the teacher said we were lucky not to have home work for the weekend.

My last two classes flew by, and Mr. Kanivah was creepy as always. Talking about vigilantes, and I notice they never bring up Eden. I walk into the Black & White after school and saw Abner and Wendy talking. Not wanting to interrupt, I quietly poured myself coffee and went to the board. I already had my article done, but it couldn't hurt to look. One of them caught my eye, it read: Are the heroes of Fortdale, high schoolers? Well I knew I was a high schooler, and after meeting BlueKane, well, he definitely could be one. So I guess it wasn't a stretch that Kid Focus was one. I've never met him though. I finished my coffee and then left the Black & White.

☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆

I changed the bandage on my hand. The Bluekane's stitch work was shabby but it worked. I shouldn't have blocked a sharp pipe with my hand. I put on my uniform of sorts, and sprang out my window. I needed to figure out Enervate's plan. I patrolled the rooftops until I found more of Enervate's men. Three men with skull masks were loading a couple of homeless people into a van. Before I could act the van started to speed away. I quickly jumped from the building forward onto the van. I landed with a loud thud, denting the vans roof. The van swerved before steadying. A skull face peered out of the van's passenger side, "Shit, it's Eden!" the man shouted disappearing into the van again, before reappearing with a Glock. "Aah" I yelped before clinging my body to the van's roof as he fired at me. Some shots hit the edge of the van's roof causing sparks to fly, others completely missing. I crawled towards the front of the van, as he was about to bring his hand in to reload, I kicked his arm, breaking it. I cringed as he howled in pain, and then I heard the back doors open. A skull masked guy crawled onto the van with a baseball bat, "Come on girly" he said. I stood up and quickly ducked as he swung at my head. I grabbed his bat, but then he punched me in the face. I groaned and then kicked him flying off the van. I made my way to the front of the van and then swung through the driver's window. The drive slammed into the passenger seat.

The van swerved off the road and crashed into a telephone pole. My head hit the airbag as it activated. "ugh" I groaned and slipped out of the car falling onto my knees. I was dizzy as I made my way to the back of the van. I helped the two homeless people out of the van, and they both thanked me vigorously. I smiled and told them it was no trouble. Though it was actually a lot of trouble. I jumped onto a nearby roof, I could already hear sirens in the distance.

I climbed through my apartment's window, and fell onto my bed. I was exhausted, I got no sleep yesterday, and now it was pretty late tonight. I checked my phone, and opened Hero News. Oliver published an article yesterday that I missed. I try to read all his articles. But this one had a picture me, and two skull guys blowing their heads off. My stomach churned, who took this photo?