Chapter 16

"Jean! Explain this madness! Why would you dare bring the child of that monster here?!"

"It's not what you think, Noriaki. Let them explain." Jean said.

Noriaki's gaze shifted back to Giorno, "Fine."

Giorno nodded, "Dio is indeed my kaba, but I have only ever met them in passing. They do not acknowledge my existence. Jean told us why we were here and, though my dama would never admit it, I believe I was conceived under similar circumstances. My kala did not survive the laying. I've been led to think that they did not want to survive. I have no loyalty to or love for Dio. I would gladly give my life in order to protect you, Hierophant. In fact, if you would permit me, I could care for the wounds still visible on your face?"

Noriaki touched the worst of the still healing cuts then raised an eyebrow, "And how would you do that?"

"My ability, Hierophant. The palms of my hands can exude a substance that greatly accelerates healing and tissue regeneration. If you allow me, I can see to it that you walk into council with no visible evidence of Dio's assault."

"It works Nori, they've used it on me a few times." Jean said.

"Fine. IF it works, I'll be wanting to see you and Fugo in my lab tomorrow to take samples for study." Noriaki said, mind spinning at the prospect of new study material.

Jotaro cleared his throat, "Forgetting something?"

Noriaki turned, meeting Jotaro's slightly annoyed gaze, "Hm? OH! Not tomorrow! Uhh, probably not the day after either...you know what? I'll get back with you. Please, if you can, I would appreciate having these wounds healed." they said, blushing as Jotaro shook his head.

Giorno stepped closer and raised their left hand, "This will feel very cold at first then warm. Do not be alarmed. The worst wounds will feel warmer than the others. You have my word; I mean you no harm."

With that said, Noriaki noticed a shine come to the Zonian's hand. Giorno rubbed their hands together then set about spreading the gel like substance over all visible wounds on Noriaki's face. The cold was uncomfortable but quickly faded into warmth. The worst wound over Noriaki's left eye burned but was tolerable. It took only about 10 minutes before the wounds were completely gone.

Jotaro pulled Noriaki close and inspected the sites where the wounds had been just minutes before, "Amazing. There's not a scratch left on you." He said, kissing his Chosen's nose.

Again, Noriaki was blushing as they turned to face their new guard, "Thank you, Giorno. For now, I believe I will trust my Guardians choice in guards. Just in case Jean didn't mention it, this is my Chosen, Jotaro Kujo. They are human, from a planet called Earth."

As Giorno stepped back, Bruno stepped forward, "It is an honor to meet you both. We will do everything in our power to ensure you are not harmed again. Jean has set us up with housing across and to either side of your own home. We will be only seconds away should you need our assistance."

Noriaki's smile became strained and their eyes comically wide as they looked to their friend who was now backing away slowly.

"JEAN!!!"

*****

Not long after Noriaki started yelling at Jean for trying to run (and ruin) their life, Ceaser had to leave to enter council. As per protocol, they walked in behind Dio.

It was all they could do not to electrocute the monster then and there.

When Dio greeted them, they wanted to strangled.

Then they asked after Noriaki.

"I have new to present about Noriaki today."

Dio feigned surprise, "News? Are they well?"