Chapter 1

I see traces of you everywhere.

I see flashes of your presence every time I blink. Your tall demeanor follows me wherever I go. And sometimes I think it's real.

Not only in broad daylight do you haunt me but also in my dreams. Nights when I'm capable of falling asleep I catch glimpses of your bright smile but it's replaced by the insanity I witnessed that night.

I'm dreaming right now. I know I'm dreaming. For weeks I've had the same one over and over.

I'm on the sidewalk that the five of us treaded when we all first met. I no longer feel the freedom of being young. I can't feel your arm lazily slinging around my shoulder in an attempt for me to notice you. 

This sidewalk seems endless. Every step I take is another slab of concrete added.

But the distance between us is diminishing.

I can see the back of your figure about twenty feet ahead of me. 

You're walking slowly but my pace is quickening. Fifteen feet ahead. It's taken me weeks to catch up to you. Ten feet ahead. I see you pause slightly as if you're waiting for me. Five feet. You completely stop and I sense that you know I'm there but you don't turn around.

My hand reaches out. It's slow. Agonizingly slow. I draw in a breath. I feel the fabric of your sweater connect with the padding of my fingers. You still don't move. I grip onto your sleeve and whip you around.

Rather than your usual grin, you're smiling down at me. Tranquility. I see peace in your eyes. The same very eyes I would seek comfort in every night. The eyes that would look into mine eagerly when we fought. The eyes I knew before that night.

You continue to stare at me and wait for me to speak.

"What are you doing..." I say.

"What do you mean?"

I feel a breath hitch in my throat. It's been eight months since I've heard your voice. Your voice is calm, unnervingly calm.

"Why... are you here?" 

I keep my eyes trained on your chest, not daring to look up at your glance. It terrifies me. As if it would change at any moment.

"Don't you want me here?" You incline your head slightly and I shake mine. "Why not?"

"Because..."

"You're still as stubborn as ever, (Y/N)," You tut and reach up to pet my cheek but I flinch away.

"Stop...You left me here..." I mutter.

"Here?"

"You know what I mean," I croak. Tears are filling to the brim. "You left me there. You died. You died and you left me." 

You take a step towards me but I only go back, my hands flinging up to grip onto the tassels of my hair.

"Doll-"

"I was left here by myself," I feel my voice rising, growing harsher and coarse. "You left me... all alone, Stu."

"Doll, please-"

"Why? Why do you keep coming back?!" I wail. "You should be dead. I know you're dead. I want you DEAD."

"I'm sorry-"

"No!" 

I point a figure at you viciously while sobbing. Hot tears spill down my face fueling my anger even more. 

"You don't GET to apologize. You don't get to apologize for leaving me for dead with everyone... everyone I loved because you KILLED THEM. You ruined my LIFE. I loved you and you RUINED MY LIFE."

I've clenched my eyes shut while I continue to scream at you. I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I thrash around some more trying to push away whoever was gripping onto me. I feel my legs tangle between fabric and when I open my eyes... everything is dark.

I'm no longer on the streets of Woodsboro.