Chapter 10

The long awaited chapter. Sorry it took so long everyone... Life caught up with me. Sorry if this seems rushed, its unedited. Enjoy!

———

It was really fucking dark outside.

Sneaking through campus was far more fear-inducing than I assumed. Police officers were scattered around each building and at one point I saw a glimpse of my personal detectives. Somehow, I was able to slip into the Performance Theater. Too easy. Spotlights focused on the stage.

Tremors spread through my body as I stood where the letter directed. I felt too vulnerable, I didn't even bring a weapon. The dark that surrounded me felt like a wall.

"(Y/n)..." A voice echoed. It came from off-stage, the wings.

Despite my instincts yelling for me to do otherwise, I crept forward. I hugged myself, feeling cold. Someone's figure sent me reeling back. It was an all-too familiar costume. It's wearer didn't hesitate to pull off the mask. He was impatient. My breath hitched.

"Mickey?" I whispered.

He chuckled, wiping away some of the blood on his face.

"Surprise, sweets..."

"It... It's been you this whole time?" I watched him shrug off the rest of the costume, stalking towards me as if I were his prey.

"More or less."

"But-"

"Nuh-uh..." He tutted, now waving a knife around. I didn't see him holding it before. "This is my moment. Only you get to ask the questions... I get to answer. Think of it as an interview."

I gulped. I didn't want to oblige. This was all part of the game. His game. Did I have a choice anymore?

"Why?"

"Vague, but I'll go with it," The menacing look in his eyes didn't match his tone. "Because I wanted to- In fact- I've been drooling over the possibility of this moment ever since your story exploded across the country!"

Mickey was a foot away from me now, pointing the knife towards my neck. I leaned away without sudden movements. I didn't dare break eye contact. "I fell in love with you and the story, thinking it was the romance of the millennium. Filling in the gaps of your ex became a huge goal of mine for the next two years after that. I had to get to work. I had to get to you."

"How did you find me..." My voice trembled. I didn't care to know but I knew I had to ask.

"Oh... With the little help of an old friend of yours... Or rather, an old friend of Sidney's," A wolfy grin spread across his face, his eyes directing to look behind me. I flipped around to see Sidney pushed onto the set. Billy Loomis' mother trailing behind with a gun.

"Nice to see you again." Bitch.

"Sid..." I gasped. I tried to run towards her but Mickey grabbed onto the collar of my shirt, tight around my neck and knocked the wind right out of me. I struggled as he pulled me backwards, choking and fighting away from his grasp.

He leaned down to my right ear and whispered the words, "I've got you now."

I had no idea what this would mean for me in the coming moments but I didn't care. I elbowed him without looking and I was free. Hearing a knife and another object clatter on the ground, I grabbed the nearest thing. It was a gun. Since when did he have a gun?

Jumping to my feet, my aim was directed between Mickey and Mrs. Loomis. It eventually steadied on Mickey, seeing as Sidney was too vulnerable.

"W-what the hell? Why Mrs. Loomis?" I never knew her really. It was strange to see the woman who started all of this... or at least half of it.