Chapter 3.7

The next day at school I tried to have a normal day. Sidney wasn't coming to school anymore. Randy was still recovering from surgery. So, high school was a battle I had to bear on my own.

Prying eyes followed me through classes. Every so often a random teacher takes time to check on me. Fellow students never bothered asking anything, unsurprisingly, but I know what the whispers are about.

My final period ended and when I left I felt a rush of fear.

Everything that happened with the window yesterday set in. You were still here.

An internal battle raged inside of my head. Why were you there? How could you be so stupid?

Maybe your parents were hiding you. Paying funds for you to survive as a criminal running from the police. It wouldn't surprise me, your mother would do anything for you. And your family had the means to keep you safe financially.

More and more confusing thoughts riddled my mind for months. Investigations winded down and Cotton Weary was released from prison. I saw even less of Sidney after that.

Randy did his best to stay by my side but I don't think he understands me. For the majority of the time I can't help but wonder about you. Randy wants nothing to do with any of it. He wants to forget everything happened, like you never existed.

I hate to admit it... But I'm not capable of forgetting you. You're everywhere I look. Everywhere I look I hope to see you.

How sick in the head is that?