Chapter 3.3

A/N: Short chapter! Also sorry if this one is kinda cheesy. It feels like it came straight out of a reality TV show, something too dramatic lolz. I wanna say it gets better after this one but honestly not for long. Hope you all enjoy!

---

You and I had another fight. A big one. It's rare. We banter often but rarely do we get this angry. It's been a few days without us speaking and it feels like hell. I can barely remember what the fight was about.

I'm sitting in Randy's living room watching a movie. He put on Alien to fill the silence but I couldn't focus. My mind always wandered back to you. It was irritating. I wanted to throw a pillow at the TV in front of me.

Initially, the plan wasn't supposed to end up at Randy's house. I was angrily cleaning my own to prevent myself from crying, I've found out that keeping my mind busy helps, then he arrived. The six of us were meant to have a movie night but Billy and Sidney bailed for their own date night, Tatum had work and you were avoiding me at all costs. As soon as Randy saw my face he knew something was wrong but he didn't pry. He never did.

I always wondered why we didn't hang out more often, just the two of us, besides the implications of a boy and girl spending time alone. I'm not the type to initiate hangouts, Randy wasn't either, so this was an infrequent moment. The only time I can recall him and I alone was the split second he saw me cry. Every other time spent together was in a group setting.

Even though we weren't close, I'm glad that we're friends nonetheless. He's probably the only bearable male in my life and the only one that understands when I want to be left in peace. I can't pin why you hate him so much. Your assumptions of his feelings toward me are baffling. You insist that he's head over heels in love but I can't see it. He seems far from it.

I rested my chin on my knee, attempting to focus on Ellen Ripley but it's no use. I let out a heavy sigh. Randy's head turned, I could see from the corner of my eye, but he said nothing. For a moment I thought he might but then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Randy said.

I kept my eyes glued on the screen, not thinking anything of who it could be but then I heard your voice.

"Is she here?"

"Yeah but she seems upset. She's quieter than usual. What did you do?"

"It's none of your business."

"Maybe not, but-"

"Can you just let me in?" You growled.

Then you said something in a voice that I couldn't hear. I leaned back to get a slip of a word but received nothing. Randy's heavy footsteps trudged back into the living room. He seemed defeated.

"Stu's here for you. He's asking to talk. I'm not letting him in my house." Randy plopped back onto the couch and didn't look at me.

I closed the dark wooden door behind me and folded my arms. You looked exhausted and disheveled. Your short hair was messy and it looked like you just rolled out of bed, despite it being nearly 7 pm. Your hands were stuck in your pockets, thumbs out and tapping impatiently against your thighs.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"How have you been?"

"Why are you here?"

We said at the same time. Your lips strained into a thin line.

"You can go first."

I sighed, "Why are you here, Stu?"

"To apologize."

I didn't respond.

"I didn't mean to blow up on you like that... and you know I care about you. I just want to spend time with you. Can you blame me for wanting to have fun with my girlfriend?"

"Fun shouldn't involve keeping me from my friends. I haven't seen Sidney and Tatum in weeks-"

"Bullshit."

"No. You know it's true. You do this thing where you keep me all cooped up with you 24/7, then you ignore me if I don't want to hang out with you for once, and I have to reel you back in so things are okay again." I threw my hands up in the air. Just staring at your face made me infuriated. "I haven't had a normal fucking weekend for so long, Stu. You're so much effort."

"Effort? I'm the one that's so much effort?" You raised your voice. "I'm not the one crying about my dad every second. It's been years, (Y/n). Get over it."

Wetness welled up and I felt my nose burn. Your face dropped. I heard the door open and slam.

"What the hell is happening out here?"

You ignored Randy and I pressed my hands to my face. I didn't want either of them to see the tears spill.

"(Y/n), that just came out-"

"You know the anniversary is coming up, Stu," I cried out, hoarsely. The death glare that I sent made you step backward. "You knew. Just fucking go."

"No, I didn't mean to..."

"She said to go, man." Randy shoved your shoulder back. You glared daggers but Randy didn't stand down for once.

I couldn't stop the collision of your fist with Randy's cheek. Randy landed against the wall, barely able to recuperate so you took it as another chance to pounce. I threw myself between both of you and shoved you away with all of my might. I didn't see through the tears but I continued shoving until your figure stood above me in Randy's front yard.

"GO!" I yelled. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU! GO HOME, STU."

You were breathing heavily. Your eyes didn't tear away from Randy's figure until I yelled and suddenly your defeated demeanor returned. I didn't watch you leave. I wasn't sure if you did right away. All that mattered at that moment to me was Randy.

I left Randy's home sooner than later. Randy was fine. He had a minor cut on his cheek, which he could tend to himself but he was pressed over you and I's current situation. I assured him that all was well, it never turned out this way, he managed to show up at the exact wrong time. I could tell he was still wary but my reassurance can only go so far. I walked home since I wanted to think things over and somehow found myself next to you once more.

You stood in the middle of the playground we would spend together as kids. Staring up at the night sky, a nearby lamppost illuminated your tall figure. The bugs flew around your head but you never swatted them away. As if on cue, you turned to look at me. Tears had stained your pale but rosy cheeks.

The sound of my footsteps gave you light. I didn't stop until I was an inch away from you. I never spoke. Your arms reached around my body and I was engulfed in your scent. My own arms automatically wrapped around your waist. My hands were satisfied to feel your softness, happy to have the fabric of your sweater gripped by my fingernails.

Neither of us said a word.